March 28, 2024, 05:04:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Microfreak MIDI issue  (Read 1233 times)

hghstwrt

Microfreak MIDI issue
« on: February 15, 2021, 09:28:13 pm »
Running into an issue with a MIDI chain, and I've gone through the settings and cannot seem to locate what is causing the issue. I really hope its not something totally obvious that I just missed.

I'm running a sequence out of an OP-Z to a Microfreak and then out of the MF to a Microvolt 3900. If I use the OPLAB MIDI outs then the Microfreak picks up on the correct channel (6), and so does the Microvolt (5). However, if I connect the OP-Z to the Microfreak over USB the Microfreak sends any MIDI instructions it gets to the Microvolt regardless of channel. If I send instructions on channel 5 the MF correctly ignores them, but if I send on a channel the MF is listening for then the MF plays but also echoes the notes on. I assume since this behavior doesn't happen over strictly MIDI it is something to do with USB but I haven't been able to get it figured out. I've changed changing the MIDI MERGE options as well as turning off LOCAL in case that was the issue.

bestofdesp

Re: Microfreak MIDI issue
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 09:08:52 am »
Please use the original white MIDI to TRS connector that was supplied with Microfreak. It should work without hassle!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines