March 28, 2024, 08:17:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: changing tempo in a performance  (Read 1928 times)

ian-o

changing tempo in a performance
« on: May 06, 2020, 12:50:49 pm »
Hi guys. New KSP owner. I've been scratching my head on this for a few hours...thought I'd ask here.

So I want to change tempo mid 'track/performance'. The song is kicking along in a moody way at 57 BPM and I wanna knock it up to 97bpm.

From what I understand, that's a SCENE change thing - so I set up one SCENE within the project as 57 and a second scene as 97.
Is this the best way of achieving this result?

Second part is that I can't seem to save different tempos with different scenes. I set the project tempo for one scene and save it, and it gets carried across all scenes. I cannot seem to find the process in the manual - though the manual clearly states that different scenes can have different tempos. And I've searched online, but obvs we're all still finding our way with the KSP at the mo.

Sorry if it's something really obvious I'm not seeing here.

Thanks in advance.

winddealer

Re: changing tempo in a performance
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 06:46:55 pm »
I am conflicted.... half of me wants to believe that this product isn't "half backed" and I should keep it when it arrives;  while the other half says "don't open it and ask for an RMA for an immediate return".   

What do you think? 

"....my favorite feature of the KSP is the metronome!", BoBeats.

KSP, KS, KL61 MkII, VCol7, Faderfox EC4, Peak, Tyros4, Reaper

elektikpete

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 06:22:22 pm »
Infuriating to me that it seems tempo is NOT saved with scenes, even though the 1.3 manual seems to explicitly point it out [in 6.4.5 - Top Down] as something that can be done! See screen grab.

It was a "make or break" factor in my purchasing the unit, really feel like returning it, even though I like so much about it.

I also hate that it doesn't seem possible to explicitly choose a "port" per track (MIDI 1, MIDI 2, USB, Analog). With devices like the Electron Digitone, Octatrack etc as part of my rig I was expecting to be able to use MIDI 1-16 on each of the 4 potential outputs independently - or at least pick the one I want and not have messages going out on other ports.

Finally - WHAT THE F WITH THE VERIFICATION ON EVERY SINGLE POST WITH THOSE TINY ILLEGIBLE LETTERS IN THE CAPTCHA!!!!! Elektron forum is vibrant and alive, and Arturia by comparison is awful - search is terrible, verification on every post is total overkill (I'm logged in). TOOK SIX ATTEMPTS TO GET IT RIGHT.

Ryley

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 06:47:00 am »
Hi guys. New KSP owner. I've been scratching my head on this for a few hours...thought I'd ask here.

So I want to change tempo mid 'track/performance'. The song is kicking along in a moody way at 57 BPM and I wanna knock it up to 97bpm.

From what I understand, that's a SCENE change thing - so I set up one SCENE within the project as 57 and a second scene as 97.

Second part is that I can't seem to save different tempos with different scenes. I set the project tempo for one scene and save it, and it gets carried across all scenes. I cannot seem to find the process in the manual - though the manual clearly states that different scenes can have different tempos. And I've searched online, but obvs we're all still finding our way with the KSP at the mo.

Thanks in advance.

The Tempo/Fine knob sets the tempo from 30-240 beats per minute (BPM). As you turn this
knob, the BPM value is automatically rounded off to the nearest whole number and shown
on the KeyStep Pro's OLED display. Holding down SHIFT while turning this knob gives you
finer BPM control by switching off the whole-number rounding mcdvoice login
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 05:32:25 am by Ryley »

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 09:24:47 pm »
I also hate that it doesn't seem possible to explicitly choose a "port" per track (MIDI 1, MIDI 2, USB, Analog). With devices like the Electron Digitone, Octatrack etc as part of my rig I was expecting to be able to use MIDI 1-16 on each of the 4 potential outputs independently - or at least pick the one I want and not have messages going out on other ports.
Perhaps I misunderstand, but you can do that.
Hold down a Track button a second or so and the display will show MIDI channel. You can then select which channel that track uses. Remember to click the knob to actually activate the selection.
This space left intentionally blank.

tommyshelbyop

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 08:44:04 pm »

Thanks in advance.

The Tempo/Fine knob sets the tempo from 30-240 beats per minute (BPM). As you turn this
knob, the BPM value is automatically rounded off to the nearest whole number and shown
on the KeyStep Pro's OLED display. Holding down SHIFT while turning this knob gives you
finer BPM control by switching off the whole-number rounding mcdvoice login mybkexperience survey

The Keystep Pro is an advanced third-generation controller and sequencing station. It is both
compact and versatile, with unique features that will spark your imagination and creativity
in a new way. It enables you to connect to all your studio and performance gear and control
it in ways you never thought possible.
Controllers have come a long way. The first generation of controllers could transmit MIDI
pitch and velocity over the 16 MIDI channels, not much more. The second generation
added complex step- and real-time sequencing features and was capable of connecting to
your DAW in special ways, allowing you to control multiple parameters of VSTi's (virtual
instruments, including synths).
This third-generation controller adds control options for modular systems. The Keystep Pro
has four tracks each with CV, velocity/modulation and gate output. You can employ each of
these tracks as a melodic sequencer, arpeggiator or drum sequencer. It lets you play, record
edit and add to your sequences on the fly, with a clear and easy-to-understand workflow
that encourages your creativity. Each pattern can be up to 64 steps long. You can chain up
to 16 patterns together for live performances or jamming. The Scenes feature enables you to
save and recall configuration states. It's a lifesaver if you need to quickly change from one
setup to another

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines