March 28, 2024, 12:08:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: URGENT - Scene Chaining or Longer Pattern chains  (Read 2233 times)

JF

• Apprentice
URGENT - Scene Chaining or Longer Pattern chains
« on: March 29, 2021, 04:01:38 am »
This is really urgent, with the current situation it's, in 120 BPM, only possible to create a 128 second long song!

Do the math:

Pattern: Up to 64 beats
Sequence: Up to 16 patterns chained
Total Max Beats: 1024
Total Max Bars 4/4: 256
Beats per second: 2 (120 BPM)

256/2 = 128

Seriously, that's ridiculously short songs!!!!

Add Scene chaining with up to 16 scenes, alternatively increase the max number of patterns that can be chained to 128, or at least 64, and Beatstep Pro becomes a complete and very powerful sequencer.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 04:48:40 am by JF »

PHOWLEY

Re: URGENT - Scene Chaining or Longer Pattern chains
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 07:27:46 am »
I agree, scene chaining is a major feature add I would like. At the very least if we could get a function that would allow the chained scenes to change automatically after playing once it would make a huge difference. For example once scene 1 is complete it automaticaly switches to scene 2 then 3 and so on. That should be an easy enough feature to add. Im currently programing scenes for songs and playing guitar and singing along. Sometimes its hard to switch scenes.

a_boik

Re: URGENT - Scene Chaining or Longer Pattern chains
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 04:15:15 pm »
Sorry for resurrecting this, I've only just joined.

Love the my Beatstep Pro, it's so intuitive, but the chaining limitations are killing. I've read a reply to the request for longer chains saying that the limitation is memory. I've been thinking. Instead of having 16 memory slots so that you can play Pattern1, then Pattern7, then Pattern2, then Pattern1 again etc up to 16 patterns, you could use those 16 slots to store 8 patterns and how many times to repeat them. For example:

Memory Slot 1 = "1" (Pattern number)
Memory Slot  2 = "4" (how many times to play the pattern in slot 1
Memory Slot  3 = "2" (Pattern)
Memory Slot 4 = "24" (Repeats)
Memory Slot 5 = "3"
Memory Slot 6 = "16"
Memory Slot 7 = "2"
Memory Slot 8 = "24" etc etc

Although still limited, this would enable reasonable length songs of the intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, verse, outtro sort of structure.

There would have to be a couple of lines of code to add the repeat function but that should be really minimal.

Apologiesif I haven't explained that very well

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines