March 28, 2024, 05:09:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AudioFuse Studio Input Channel 4 no longer working  (Read 3275 times)

smguillem

AudioFuse Studio Input Channel 4 no longer working
« on: March 27, 2021, 02:28:07 am »
Hello,
I've been really enjoying my AudioFuse Studio since I purchased it about 2 months ago. I did several recording sessions using many of it's inputs (mic, inst, line, inserts etc) and never had any issues, until tonight. I plugged in a microphone in Input Channel 4 and, nothing, dead as a door nail. The indicator light on that channel correctly identified that the input was a microphone but zero signal, no green lights. I'm using a SM58 (dynamic), gain is up approx 60%. Nothing on the hardware channel and nothing in AFCC ie. meters do not indicate any signal. I connected that same Mic / cable to the other 3 inputs and it works perfectly with no issues at all, just input 4 seemed to be dead. I also tried a Bass guitar, the INST light comes on, but again, no signal. Bass works perfect on the other channels (1, 2 and 3).

Not sure what to do at this point? any troubleshooting suggestions?

Also, yesterday the talk back mic stopped working, I pressed the button, nothing happened. But, it's functioning today so... I'll monitor that one and see.. Input 4 is my main concern.

Running latest firmware (1.07) on Windows 10.

Thank you !
Stephane

EugeneB

Re: AudioFuse Studio Input Channel 4 no longer working
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 03:32:55 pm »
I guess you should bring it back under warranty if you have such. Just buggy hardware.

cognistudio

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 08:26:01 pm »
Did you try factory reset? In case there is a firmware bug. Definitely open a support ticket, in my experience they will reply within a day.

in10zity

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 05:37:31 pm »
I have the same exact problem on channel 1 and my Audiofuse Studio is only 1 day old! I've also read on the Web others having this same problem and that it's something to do with 48V phantom power. Although I didn't have anything connected to it, I did notice the 48V light on when I was first setting it up. Probably just pressed the button on the front panel. So, I first tested it with a SM7B microphone making sure the 48V was off (not required on Dynamic mics) and the mic was not audible. So I connected the master outs from an outboard mixer to the same input and nothing. I moved the mixer output to channels 2, 3, and 4 and they work fine. I tried rebooting and resetting. Neither worked. I'm on 1.07 and Win 10 as well.

subsense

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 12:33:38 am »
Hello,
I've been really enjoying my AudioFuse Studio since I purchased it about 2 months ago. I did several recording sessions using many of it's inputs (mic, inst, line, inserts etc) and never had any issues, until tonight. I plugged in a microphone in Input Channel 4 and, nothing, dead as a door nail. The indicator light on that channel correctly identified that the input was a microphone but zero signal, no green lights. I'm using a SM58 (dynamic), gain is up approx 60%. Nothing on the hardware channel and nothing in AFCC ie. meters do not indicate any signal. I connected that same Mic / cable to the other 3 inputs and it works perfectly with no issues at all, just input 4 seemed to be dead. I also tried a Bass guitar, the INST light comes on, but again, no signal. Bass works perfect on the other channels (1, 2 and 3).

Not sure what to do at this point? any troubleshooting suggestions?

Also, yesterday the talk back mic stopped working, I pressed the button, nothing happened. But, it's functioning today so... I'll monitor that one and see.. Input 4 is my main concern.

Running latest firmware (1.07) on Windows 10.

Thank you !
Stephane

Channel 3 stopped working on my Audiofuse Studio.  Were you able to get your issue fixed?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 03:42:30 pm »
Hi
Have you tried a factory reset,  hold down the Mono button while powering up
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

wahwahman

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2022, 02:37:04 pm »
Same problem here... Input 1 stopped working.

Arturia audio interfaces are terrible... I returned de Audiofuse Rev2 because it stopped working in one month...

mattbarb

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2023, 01:33:14 pm »
Hi, same issue with 3 & 4, first time I have tried to use them and no signal.  Did you have any luck?

Stephane

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 05:55:31 pm »
Hello,
A VERY late reply, apologies. I ended up exchanging the Audio Fuse for another Audio Fuse Studio unit and have not had any issues since that time. Truth be told, the Audio Fuse is now with my daughter and I've been using a RME UCX II for the last 8 months.
Stephane

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines