April 19, 2024, 11:09:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to output sound to external speakers?  (Read 6480 times)

dissipate

How to output sound to external speakers?
« on: March 26, 2021, 05:35:11 pm »
Apologies if this has been asked before - I searched the forums and Googled for 30 minutes but could not find answers.

I am a new to music production and digital keyboards. If I want to hear what I am playing on say Yamaha HS8 speakers, what do I have to do? I know that the Keylab has to at least connect to the DAW on my laptop. Do I have to get an audio interface? What kind of cables do I get (I watched a video on TS and TRS but have no idea which to get)?

Appreciate any help thank you!

dissipate

Re: How to output sound to external speakers?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 12:20:22 am »
Ok upon further Googling I think the HS8 would require an audio interface, and if I were getting the Focusrite then 2x RCA to 1/4" jack cables.

The Focusrite would connect to my laptop via USB, and the Keylab would connect to the Focusrite via what kind of cables though?

mharry

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 03:39:34 am »
The Keylab can connect to your computer through USB and trigger sounds of whatever software you're using. Then your computer outputs the sound to your audio interface (Focusrite), which outputs to your speakers.

The Keylab also has MIDI out, so a MIDI cable can connect it to many USB audio interface (if they have MIDI), and then the audio interface sends the control from your Keylab into your computer through its USB. I don't know which Focusrite deveices have MIDI connections.

Because the Keylab has direct USB, you would most likely connect directly to your computer, and not go through the audio interface. Using the audio interface MIDI is usually for connecting a keyboard that isn't modern enough to have direct USB connection.

mharry

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 03:43:36 am »
I should mention that you'll usually want to use the USB connection so that you can take advantage of all the extra controls the Keylab offers, such as Analog Lab navigation, and DAW controls.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines