March 28, 2024, 04:02:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab 88 MKII - Ableton 11 Device Mapping  (Read 3028 times)

Jmacaaron

KeyLab 88 MKII - Ableton 11 Device Mapping
« on: March 24, 2021, 09:19:20 pm »
Hello!

I have been digging and digging all over the internet trying to find a remedy to this problem.

For the band I play with, I have purchased the KeyLab 88 MKII assuming that it would work as I imagined, and sadly I am mistaking.

My Daw is Ableton 11 Suite

I am looking for a way to use the encoder knobs to control the "automap" or "blue hand" device controls. I have tried using the "userconfiguration" txt file without much success, as it overwrites ALL other functionality of the controller.

I am simply looking for a way to exchange the default (and useless) PAN functionality of the knobs (on Daw Mode) with a much more useful functionality of the Device automap controls.

PLEASE HELP!

Tonegroove

• Apprentice
Re: KeyLab 88 MKII - Ableton 11 Device Mapping
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 07:41:16 am »
Same EXACT question.  8)

Christian61

• Apprentice
Re: KeyLab 88 MKII - Ableton 11 Device Mapping
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 08:56:52 pm »
Hallo,
You need to use „User Mode“ and configure the Ableton mapping file. Check this here, it should work similarly for your keylab version…

https://drolez.com/blog/music/arturia-keylab-ableton-setup.php
Gear: 2020 iMac 27" • 2021 MBP 16" M1Max • Apogee Quartet • Mackie controller • Push2 • Virus TI • NI Complete • ARTURIA V9 • Omnisphere / Trillian / RMX • Slate plugins • Korg • Ableton 11 • Fender Jazz Bass/Strat/Tele • Gibson Les Paul • Kemper profiler

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines