March 29, 2024, 02:36:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Extreme delay feedback issues  (Read 1766 times)

Lacrymology

• Apprentice
Extreme delay feedback issues
« on: March 19, 2021, 01:13:31 pm »
Hi. I got a matrixbrute. It's defective, the second oscillator sometimes just doesn't work, sometimes if I set it to max triangle with full metallizer it outputs some kind of noise, sometimes it seems tied to osc 1's frequency.. idk. I'm waiting for my replacement in the next few days.

Anyway, I'm wondering if any other stuff, not so self evident, is working badly too, and one of the things I noticed is that many of the presets in the sound packs have the delay feedback so high that they're unusable. 70% of the time I need to dial it down half an turn so it's not pure noise. Some of them are so loud that it starts building up as soon as I load the preset, before I even play anything. This happened mostly with the beyond the matrix pack, and I think Marc Dotty's.

I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, or if my delay feedback is too loud. I understand it's an analog circuit and they won't all behave identically, but it's weird to me that they'd offer preset packs like that on the official page

Lacrymology

• Apprentice
Re: Extreme delay feedback issues
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 01:46:27 pm »
By the way, sometimes osc2 works just fine, or, like yesterday, it starts working properly after about an hour since the unit's been turned on

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 07:35:08 pm »
With the latest firmware and patch banks there shouldn't be any runaway delay feedback. Give it a try on your new unit when it arrives - make sure you have the latest firmware and banks.

Lacrymology

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 06:00:13 pm »
I had everything latest. I repeat, it wasn't with the factory presets but with the beyond the matrix and other extra packs, but it happened on too many presets altogether

Anyway, they took my unit for review today, will see what happens when the new one arrives

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines