March 29, 2024, 09:22:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to create a bank?  (Read 4191 times)

timpossible

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How to create a bank?
« on: March 18, 2021, 11:38:28 pm »
Haven't used this software synth much, but latey I'm trying to rediscover the sounds from my old DX7 (withE!), which I still have.

But am I missing something or is there no simple way to create my own bank of presets?  Seems that when I do a Sysex import, it all goes into one big folder, and I don't even get to pick the destination.   Now I'd like to take my favourite patches, or future sysex imports, and save them in their own banks.   How do I do that?

Don't think I've ever seen a VI that makes this relatively standard feature so mysterious.   But then again, I may be inordinately dim.

LBH

Re: How to create a bank?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 12:11:07 am »
Hi,

You can simply type a name in the "Bank" textfield, when you save presets, then a new Bank with that name will be created, if the bank does'nt excist allready.

For excisting banks, then you can select multiple presets and the preset browser, and then change the bank name in the side and hit Enter. Then all the selected presets will change name.
You select multiple presets the name way you can select multiple files on your computer. On a PC that's using the Shift to select all presets from the first selected preset to the last selected preset, and Ctrl to add individual presets.

timpossible

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 07:56:53 pm »
Thanks very much - I'm figuring it out now...

I still wish they had a 'Create New Bank' button or menu option... that'd be handy.  As well as a way to just drag and drop patches from the browser into directories or banks. 
A little trashcan icon to delete patches or a one button delete would be nice too.  Instead of having to go to the submenu and then confirm with another 'OK' click to delete.   Such pampered entitled musicians we are in this age of digital wonders: I want one click not two!  :-)

Thanks again for the help.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 12:10:41 am »
Your welcome.

I don't think, i know of any other preset system, where you can handle multiple presets at a time.
I ie don't know why Arturia have removed the save and delete buttons. Perhaps they will come back in an update.
The Browseres have been changed and some things are'nt really as good and fast to work with, as it was before.
But Arturia often optimize new things down the line. I hope that will be so for all applications.
All in all i still don't know about a more powerful preset system than Arturias.

BTW and FYI: You can move presets between folders (that's Banks), if you go to the preset location on the drive. Creating a new folder create a new Bank. That might be handy in some situations.
I don't consider preset sorting in banks to be a thing that's done the same time as when working with the music.

Arturia also have the playlists where you can drag preset into.

Perhaps you also just need to discover the many possiblities.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines