March 28, 2024, 09:20:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Key step pro + microfreak + drumbrute impact  (Read 1756 times)

darrylfeldman

• Apprentice
Key step pro + microfreak + drumbrute impact
« on: March 18, 2021, 09:26:13 pm »
Hi Arturia lovers,

I have a dumb newbie level question...

I have the KSP hooked up via midi to a microfreak which is connected to audio interface all working nice. I want to add the drumbrute now and also get the audio through the interface. Do I need to connect it directly to the interface (have both microfreak and drumbrute separately going in) or do I connect the microfreak and drumbrute together somehow?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Darryl

Andrew Henderson

Re: Key step pro + microfreak + drumbrute impact
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 11:14:28 am »
If you have enough spare inputs on your interface, each thing can be connected separately and individually. This will allow greater flexibility with processing, as you can adjust things separately depending on their inputs, assigned in your daw.

darrylfeldman

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 03:13:39 pm »
Thanks Andrew,

Very helpful...

I have 8 inputs so should be ok with the ones on the back but would need to up the gain in logic as they are quiet.

Another one - I assume I can assign the 4 tracks on the KSP to each hardware / software instrument - so Track 1 -> drumbrute Track 2 -> microfreak Track 3 - logic instrument etc.?

Darryl

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 05:58:23 pm »
Thanks Andrew,

Very helpful...

I have 8 inputs so should be ok with the ones on the back but would need to up the gain in logic as they are quiet.

Another one - I assume I can assign the 4 tracks on the KSP to each hardware / software instrument - so Track 1 -> drumbrute Track 2 -> microfreak Track 3 - logic instrument etc.?

Darryl

Yes, you should have no problems using any of those 8 inputs ,to suit your needs.  Just be careful... once you get a taste of this, you will want to fill all 8 inputs!   :P

You are correct as well, you have 4 tracks, but only 4 tracks (well 5 if you consider track 1 is drum/seq), but only 4 can be used at any one time.  You can assign any of those 4 tracks, to anything you want, as long as midi channels match.

darrylfeldman

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 12:38:23 pm »
Thanks again Andrew.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines