March 29, 2024, 11:24:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sustain not working properly  (Read 7908 times)

ghostbumps

Sustain not working properly
« on: March 15, 2021, 10:39:28 am »
Recently for whatever reason in the Piano V2 software along with similar piano style plugins like the Stage-73 V and Wurli I have been having issues with the sustain. If I am not pressing the sustain pedal down, the resulting notes played have no sustain whatsoever however will randomly jump to a regular sustain very briefly from time to time. Even with adjustments in the velocity curve and the minimum sustain pedal value in the MIDI mapping section, this issue doesn't go away. I recently updated to the latest update and the issue still remains.

edward.schwarz@gmail.com

Re: Sustain not working properly
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 04:53:12 pm »
I am also having this problem:

Piano V2 version 2.7.1.1263, from V-Collection 5
Max OSX Catalina
Ableton Live 11
AKAI ADVANCE 49 controller

- Not getting SUSTAIN. Sustain pedal works fin with same setup using other piano plugins.
- When I step on the pedal, the MIDI Setup automatically loads a MIDI profile called USETR1 and inserts the CC64 as "Pitch Center".
- On the "ACTION" panel in the UI, the "Global Tension" control-knob lights up

Really big problem, currently the Piano V2 is kinda unusable without sustain pedal support.

Richard111

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 03:16:54 am »
A completely unusable plugin. Unbelievable. What makes this situation even more pathetic and frustrating is that the Arturia moderator hasn't chimed in since last November (with his illuminating insight into where to plug in the pedal) while the problem continues to be highlighted on this forum. Interesting that this sustain pedal problem NEVER occurs on ANY of the pianos in Roland's ZENOLGY. So, given how long this problem has been reported, alongside Arturia's negligence is addressing the issue -or even showing the courtesy of responding - it's probably time to move on. Extremely disappointing considering the other admirable qualities of my Mkll.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 03:21:52 am by Richard111 »

cagedone

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 07:34:10 pm »
I managed to get this to work, though it's unclear to me what set of troubleshooting steps worked.  My sense is that this is a combination of two problems:
1. The sustain midi message is no longer mapped to the sustain pedal in Piano V2.  It appears to be mapped to Pitch Center or Pitch center just happens to be at the 0 index of UI mappings.
2. After restoring the sustain pedal midi mapping, the plugin doesn't appear to send sustain information to Logic.

Fixing #1:
Open the standalone piano v2 app, click the little settings icon in the top right and select the 'Midi' tab.  This immediately turns on Midi learn mode, so be careful.  At the very bottom of the screen, in the center, there is a Pedals UI, click the right pedal icon and then press your physical sustain pedal. This should create a new sustain pedal entry in the midi config.  If you see a "Pitch Center" entry, you can delete it using the key combo "fn + delete."  Close the settings sidebar and try to see if your sustain pedal works.

Fixing #2:
Open Logic and try using your sustain pedal with the factory Steinway piano.  If it works, then you're probably good to go for using the Piano V2 plugin.  If it doesn't, Open Logic Pro => Preferences => Midi and select the "Reset all midi drivers"  button.  Close the window and retry the sustain with a factory piano.  In the plugin you should see a message in the bottom left corner showing sustain going from 0 to 1.

One thing to be careful about is recording sustain at the beginning of a song.  If you press the sustain pedal before the song starts to record, you might need to quantize the sustain midi in addition to the notes you played.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines