April 16, 2024, 08:14:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Use Keylab MK2 88 and Keylab MK2 61 at the same time ?  (Read 1271 times)

Kaneda

• Apprentice
Use Keylab MK2 88 and Keylab MK2 61 at the same time ?
« on: March 13, 2021, 12:38:58 pm »
Question : is it possible to use two Keylab MK2 controllers at the same time, connected to one iMac using Logic ?
I was going to buy a Keylab MK2 61 for synths and other instruments and couple that to a 88 key weighted controller to play piano parts.
However, a good weighted controller with 88 keys practically costs as much as the Keylab MK2 88 and since that one has a very good keybed, why not just go for that one ?

The question is whether I will be able to switch seamlessly between the two, and still have all the functionality (DAW control, analog lab, etc) when working on the same project in Logic.

fredmant

• Apprentice
Re: Use Keylab MK2 88 and Keylab MK2 61 at the same time ?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 09:13:46 pm »
I'm sure it will work fine, but why not consider finding a real 88 key synth or workstation that's a few generations old instead of another Arturia. As long as it has Midi, you can play a fine grand piano Arturia plug-in, and you get all those other sounds from the Synth that you can use. I have an 88 key Korg M3 and I can set it to respond to the MK2, or I can have plugins in my DAW respond to pounding the keys on the Korg. You can get a great Yamaha, Korg, Roland or Kurzweil for under a grand with great key feel.

Of course, you won't be able to change parameters on the fly, but that's sort of how real pianos work.  :D

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 11:35:45 am »
There's no reason why you can't plug in two midi controllers at the same time, Arturia-brand or otherwise. You would need to configure them to different midi channels if you want them to play different VSTs at the same time.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Kaneda

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 05:04:30 pm »
Hi, thanks for the replies.
I think  I'm going to get the Korg D1 as my 88 key controller, has a very good action and will complement the Keylab 61 Mk2 nicely.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines