May 12, 2021, 03:56:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Use Keylab MK2 88 and Keylab MK2 61 at the same time ?  (Read 233 times)

Kaneda

Use Keylab MK2 88 and Keylab MK2 61 at the same time ?
« on: March 13, 2021, 12:38:58 pm »
Question : is it possible to use two Keylab MK2 controllers at the same time, connected to one iMac using Logic ?
I was going to buy a Keylab MK2 61 for synths and other instruments and couple that to a 88 key weighted controller to play piano parts.
However, a good weighted controller with 88 keys practically costs as much as the Keylab MK2 88 and since that one has a very good keybed, why not just go for that one ?

The question is whether I will be able to switch seamlessly between the two, and still have all the functionality (DAW control, analog lab, etc) when working on the same project in Logic.

fredmant

• Apprentice
Re: Use Keylab MK2 88 and Keylab MK2 61 at the same time ?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 09:13:46 pm »
I'm sure it will work fine, but why not consider finding a real 88 key synth or workstation that's a few generations old instead of another Arturia. As long as it has Midi, you can play a fine grand piano Arturia plug-in, and you get all those other sounds from the Synth that you can use. I have an 88 key Korg M3 and I can set it to respond to the MK2, or I can have plugins in my DAW respond to pounding the keys on the Korg. You can get a great Yamaha, Korg, Roland or Kurzweil for under a grand with great key feel.

Of course, you won't be able to change parameters on the fly, but that's sort of how real pianos work.  :D

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 11:35:45 am »
There's no reason why you can't plug in two midi controllers at the same time, Arturia-brand or otherwise. You would need to configure them to different midi channels if you want them to play different VSTs at the same time.
2011 iMac 27" MacOS 10.13 High Sierra 2012 MBP 13" Mojave V Collection 6 Analog Lab 4 + 5 KeyStep

Kaneda

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 05:04:30 pm »
Hi, thanks for the replies.
I think  I'm going to get the Korg D1 as my 88 key controller, has a very good action and will complement the Keylab 61 Mk2 nicely.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines