March 28, 2024, 02:11:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Basic Osc issues  (Read 1265 times)

Amaethron

• Apprentice
Basic Osc issues
« on: March 12, 2021, 05:40:57 am »
Hi,
I noticed that the basic osc produces some weird harmonics when played in the lowest register (-3). This is by itself audible but can be emphasized via the filter and it's resonance and then becomes quite annoying. On the VA osc this does not happen at all and it sounds way cleaner than the basic osc. Another thing I noticed is, that the basic osc sound much duller than the VA osc and even the SuperWave. I also just noticed that the Timbre knob does not do anything when the Wave is set to 50 (saw).
Would love to see a revisit on this Particular osc.
I actually would love for you to make this the "Arturia" osc where we could morph between triangle, saw & square (Wave) with metalizer, ultra saw & pulse width (Timbre) and a square sub (Shape).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 07:50:42 pm by Amaethron »

Re: Basic Osc issues
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 06:32:24 pm »
yeah it's boring but fine. timbre only changes phase of the two saws, or the PW of the square wave. 50 exactly is only ONE saw wave, so the timbre isn't supposed to do anything. They should add noise to the mix on this, in addition to the sub osc they already have

Amaethron

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 01:31:30 am »
It wasn't so much a statement, that the osc in itself is boring (well I'm always using the analog one instead of this so...) but rather pointing out that there is soime fundamental issues with this oscilator in particular. As I wrote, it produces weird harmonics which should not be there at all when playing in the lower register.

Amaethron

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 08:37:45 pm »
I just noticed, that the SuperWave has the same issue of creating weird unnatural harmonics when playing the lower register. Only on the Saw and Square though, and it's exactly like on the BasicOsc. They appear when playing the very lowest octave from C-1 up to E0 and then disappears. It is clearly audible and are pitched up with the note playing.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:44:39 pm by Amaethron »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines