March 29, 2024, 03:04:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AF Studio - USB Stream from my Mac too loud  (Read 1237 times)

hofpad

AF Studio - USB Stream from my Mac too loud
« on: December 18, 2020, 08:04:21 pm »
Hi all
I am new to Arturia/AF and own a AF Studio since a few weeks.
What's bothering me: when I take the AF as output from my Mac, the stream coming via USB1-2 is much too loud (nearly clipping) ON THE INPUT.
So, to resolve, I have to lower down the volume of lets say a simple YouTube Video (or ANY other player on my mac) down to about 70-80% of "normal".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5m3sue97olv21e/Bildschirmfoto%202020-12-18%20um%2020.11.27.png?dl=0

How can I reduce this sensitivity of the driver (I assume this is the reason for this behaviour) to a lower value, permanently, so I can just "plug and play" when I connect AF Studio to my Mac?

Thanks for any help!

P.S.: omg... again these 3 questions with letters nearly not readable... at least for me...(listen to it doesn't work on Safari) ... it took my 10+ Minutes (!!!) to register to this forum with trial and error on these.
P L E A S E ... choose another way to check if I am human, please.... otherwise I am really turned away from this forum just because of this. what a pitty.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 08:28:38 pm by hofpad »

cognistudio

• Apprentice
Re: AF Studio - USB Stream from my Mac too loud
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 09:00:25 am »
You have two options:

1) Use software like Rogue Ameoba Loopback https://rogueamoeba.com/loopback/ and set your system output to it. Benefit of this, although it costs money, is that you can then change your Mac volume with volume keys. You would still route your DAW straight to AudioFuse, and it wouldn't be affected by volume keys. Don't route DAW to Loopback, as it will add some latency.
2) Change USB 1-2 output level in AudioFuse Control Center, and use USB 5-6 for your DAW output so you have independent volume sliders for each.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines