March 29, 2024, 08:11:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Microlab sends center pitchbend as "64" not "0"?  (Read 4591 times)

tlr

• Apprentice
Microlab sends center pitchbend as "64" not "0"?
« on: March 07, 2021, 01:56:11 pm »
Hi,
I recently purchased an Arturia Microlab.   I just picked it out of the box an ran some quick tests.   It seems that the center pitchbend value is incorrectly sent as "64".   Looking more closely, it seems that both the MSB and LSB of the pitchbend are always sent with the same value, e.g. 0xe0, 0x35, 0x35 or 0xe0, 0x40, 0x40 or 0xe0, 0x7f, 0x7f.

I checked the site for new firmware, but only one is listed and it says it's the 1.0.6.342 version "V1.0.6 - First release of MicroLab".   I'm assuming that's on there, but how do I verify that?

What to do?

tlr

• Apprentice
Re: Microlab sends center pitchbend as "64" not "0"?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 10:14:04 am »
Here people are having the same problem: https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=226518
(need to have account or view through googles cached page)

This would mean that touching the pitchbend would change it from the default center 0 to +64 in the host used.
Seems like a firmware bug then?

Is there an updated firmware?

tlr

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 01:56:58 pm »
It took me quite some time to iterate this through support but as of 2021-04-12 this has been confirmed by Arturia Engineering as a bug in the firmware.  There is however not yet an estimate for when a bugfixed firmware will be released.

tlr

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 09:07:58 am »
I've pushed for an updated estimate a couple of times now.  Arturia claims engineers are busy with new products.  This bug is pretty fatal if using the pitchbend.  Will keep pushing.

tlr

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 10:45:12 am »
Unfortunately there's very little feedback on this from Arturia now despite that they confirmed the bug officially through their support.   It's a pretty glaring bug if you use pitchbend.   Especially with wide bend ranges where you will get a noticable detune after using the pitchbend.

Please fix this already!

tlr

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 04:05:51 pm »
Sent a reminder again today.  This is really embarrasing behaviour from a major company.   I've submitted a cleanly reproducible bug report, which I believe shouldn't be that hard to fix for a sw dev.

Btw, why no reactions here, do you not use pitchbend?    I personally think it's not nice when things go out of tune, but I guess it can be lo-fi charm.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines