March 28, 2024, 11:09:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to stop Keyboard control Ableton while playing  (Read 3247 times)

Citrixx

How to stop Keyboard control Ableton while playing
« on: December 22, 2019, 06:14:34 pm »
Hi,
how can I stop sending MIDI commands from my KEYLAB61 mk II to my DAW Ableton while playing an instrument - e.g. by playing pressing key "D4" changes
between arrangement-view and session-view, so that key is dead because its occupied by that command!?! Whats the clue to turn off that behaviour while playing?
Is it to change in Ableton or do i have to change it directly at the keyboard?
Thanx

karxx

Re: How to stop Keyboard control Ableton while playing
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 09:07:16 pm »
same problem. did you find a solution ? cheers

LBH

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 09:22:53 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I don't think this has to do with Keylab at all. It sounds like you have assigned a note to control something in Ableton Live.
Does it happen in a new empty song/ project?

karxx

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 09:00:45 am »
Hi,

I just bought a brand new keylab MK2 61. put the latest firmware.
When using the synth in standalone without live everything is working fine. When using VST into Live 10.1 then I have 2 zones on my keyboard which are assigned to function out of the vst such D4 : switching view/scene and not playing notes from my VST.
it seems that mapping of the keylab in live is incorrect.

Cheers

LBH

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 09:29:47 pm »
Can you in Ableton live's mapping browser see the midi note is assigned to the function you see happening?
If so, then unassign that.

This is how Keylab MKII is mapped: https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/ableton-live-control-surface-mappings
This is a Ableton article: https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/midi-and-key-remote-control/

I don't have a Keylab MKII or Ableton, but i would believe the answer to the behavior you see is, that the note in question is assigned to that behavior, and is explained in the above.

Kevin4509

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 07:27:09 pm »
hi, I've just developed this same problem. I don't understand how to undo it. has anybody figured this out yet?

maja1416

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 07:15:07 pm »
I have the same problem even in a new empty project, I just bought a new keylab mk2 61. ???

Ableton 10.1.17

asbruma

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 03:42:33 pm »
Im having exactly the same problem. Please a solution!

u5109

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2022, 03:46:58 pm »
Hello!
This problem, me too.

Ableton Live 11
Preferences >> MIDI >> Input
- None
- KeyLab mkII ??
- KeyLab mkII ?? (Part 2)

If you selected 'KeyLab mkII ??' , then you re-select 'KeyLab mkII ?? (Part 2)'.

I solved this problem.
Try it.

is_ryan

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2022, 09:09:39 pm »
I have this problem as well! I searched before posting, but somehow this didn't come up. I posted my issue here: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=110082.0

Interestingly, I was using LIve Lite that came bundled with my new mkii 61 just fine for weeks. It's when I updated to Live Standard that the mapping got changed to exactly what you're describing. I changed nothing with the defaults and all of my settings from Lite seemed to transfer over. I've played with every midi setting I could find and can't figure out why the default mappings no longer work.

is_ryan

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2022, 02:47:50 am »
I found a solution that worked for me. In Midi Preferences I set all Control Surfaces, Input, and Output to none and then quit Ableton Live. When I started it back up with my keyboard on, Live detected the keyboard and automatically set the Control Surface. Whatever it did in that process reset the midi mapping and all was good again.

I provided a bit more detail in my original thread, but wanted to post here as well in case someone was searching: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=110082.msg192390#msg192390

Rathbos

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2022, 09:40:56 am »
Thanks is_ryan - your solution worked a treat.

I found a solution that worked for me. In Midi Preferences I set all Control Surfaces, Input, and Output to none and then quit Ableton Live. When I started it back up with my keyboard on, Live detected the keyboard and automatically set the Control Surface. Whatever it did in that process reset the midi mapping and all was good again.

I provided a bit more detail in my original thread, but wanted to post here as well in case someone was searching: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=110082.msg192390#msg192390

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines