March 29, 2024, 05:58:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Unable to retain "split" mode when editing A/B panels  (Read 1449 times)

dzny

• Apprentice
Unable to retain "split" mode when editing A/B panels
« on: March 05, 2021, 01:31:44 pm »
When in "split" mode, as soon as I use the morph knob to choose which side of the split to edit, the Polybrute exits split mode and reverts to "single" mode, but still displays being in split mode in the timbrality section.
The only way to return to split mode is to re-cycle through the Timbrality modes until "split" is once again selected.
It would be nice to retain the split point while editing both the A/B sides of the panel.
If this is intentional behavior, it would be helpful to implement an option here.

I've also tried the "edit a" or "edit b" parameters in the "Morph" section instead of the morph knob, which works while editing, but once that area is exited (returning to Presets, Mods, Sequencer, etc), the split is once again lost and needs to be cycled back on.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Unable to retain "split" mode when editing A/B panels
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 03:22:07 pm »
When in "split" mode, as soon as I use the morph knob to choose which side of the split to edit, the Polybrute exits split mode and reverts to "single" mode, but still displays being in split mode in the timbrality section.
This is not happening here. It behaves as one would expect; sound A on the lower part, and A/B morphed sound on the upper part. The Morph knob controls the morph itself and where the edit goes for all knobs. Using Edit A and Edit B, you can edit the part you want, while the morph knob morph the sound (the morph jumps to A or B when selected for edit, but can be adjusted freely as normal after that). The Split mode remains as selected through all this - it should not change around when you use the Morph knob.

Are you on the latest firmware? If so perhaps try a reinstall, and also try a Factory Reset.

dzny

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 05:32:39 pm »
Thanks for the reply!
I am on the latest firmware, but I will try to reinstall/reset and see if that does the trick.  Good to know that it's not happening on your machine
Thanks again

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 06:10:27 pm »
I was just thinking... Is it the feature that automatically morphs the upper part when you choose Edit A or Edit B? It might be confusing at first.

When choosing Edit A, the upper part morphs to A, even if the Morph knob is in position B. At this point one might think that the split "disappeared". If exiting the matrix Morph mode, the morph is set back to the previous morph position (which will more often than not be Morph-knob's physical position during an editing session).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 08:38:06 pm by DrJustice »

dzny

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 01:16:15 pm »
I think this is exactly what happened, and what had confused me.
I reinstalled the os to be safe last night, but was still finding the same behavior, until I read your previous post more carefully.
Now that I understand how the morph knob and edit feature works, it makes sense and does seem to be working properly, and I no longer have to cycle through the Timbrality modes to return to my split.
Sometimes it's a little confusing not having some type of visual indicator on board to let you know which panel you're currently focused on, but it's understandable, considering the Polybrute's immense abilities.
I'm still in awe of what this synth is capable of.
Thanks again for helping out!  Let me know if I should delete this thread.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 03:10:14 pm »
I'm glad to hear you got it sorted  :)

I think we should let the thread live, just in case someone else bumps into the same thing.

mcresp

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 12:11:19 pm »
The indicator of which Layer you are editing is the light on the morphee and the line on the left of the screen.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines