March 29, 2024, 08:23:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BRIGHT blinking white lights  (Read 3135 times)

HughEye

BRIGHT blinking white lights
« on: September 12, 2020, 07:07:34 pm »
Just got a 37. Very nice. Except the annoying and distracting hyper-bright white blinking Oct button lights. We're in a pretty dim studio space, we like it that way. And this thing DOMINATES the room when Oct is on. It blinks on the ceiling it's so bright. We have blinking LEDs all over the places, couple dozen synths, controllers, processors. But none can match this obnoxious bright white light.

We had to put black electricians tape over that section. Nice. What would be better than tape is if Arturia (after apparently years of complaints about this thing, we realized after a few searches), had a simple feature in the Midi control center that would allow users to turn it off, or at least stop the Fr%$&$ blinking. We don't need to know what octave we're in...we can hear it with our ears.

What I don't get is that after all these years of complaints from customers on multiple forums, and likely direct, Arturia just ignored it, and created a brand new keyboard with the same flaw.

bdrank

• Apprentice
Re: BRIGHT blinking white lights
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 07:53:57 pm »
What I don't get is that after all these years of complaints from customers on multiple forums, and likely direct, Arturia just ignored it, and created a brand new keyboard with the same flaw.

You can adjust the LED brightness on the original Keystep using Arturia's midi control software. I imagine it's the same for the Keystep 37.

Your LEDs Hurt My Eyes

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 07:53:41 pm »
I've updated MIDI Control Center to v1.0.4 but there is no option to reduce the brightness for the Keystep37. The option to reduce brightness is there for the Keystep which I also own. The LEDs are way too bright. Could Arturia address the brightness issue for the Keystep37 in the next firmware update?

Your LEDs Hurt My Eyes

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 12:16:33 am »
Apparently Stevie Wonder was complaining about the LED brightness on some other forums too.

Stevie Wonder

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 12:19:53 am »
Damn right brother. The LEDs on the Keystep37 are too blinding for me… and I’ve been BLIND since I was six years old!

Ray Charles

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 12:23:25 am »
I hear you Stevie. No company should get away with LEDs that bright… and I’ve been DEAD since 2004!!!

Your LEDs Hurt My Eyes

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 12:51:30 pm »
With power to the Keystep37 turned on and standing 10ft away whilst squinting my eyes, I've found the LED brightness is almost negligible and can be improved slightly by wearing a pair of shades and an empty trash can over my head.  My only gripe is that changing the octave buttons triggers my epilepsy, so I can only perform gigs between the octave ranges C4 to C7 unless I remember to pack my EpiPen.

Stevie Wonder

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 12:54:35 pm »
I’m just glad I kept my old Moog’s.

Ray Charles

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2021, 12:57:33 pm »
Don’t Let The Sun Catch You Cryin’ Stevie

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2021, 01:17:46 pm »
Ok guys very funny...not wanting to put a damper on the frivolity but time for the ol' Loctite I think.

2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines