April 19, 2024, 06:04:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: three requests that would make this device just that much better  (Read 1226 times)

prehm

three requests that would make this device just that much better
« on: February 07, 2021, 04:20:10 pm »
hey there,

first of all - thanks for your engineering and manufacturing efforts. it is a great device.
here are three things that i think would make this controller even better:

1. include rests in the pattern generator (arp)
while it is a great idea, the patterns get confusing and boring to listen to if you choose to make a longer pattern.
it would be optimal to have a knob to control the probability of pauses in a random pattern, but i would be satisfied with a random value for each pattern as well.
if you then could transfer your randomly generated pattern into sequencer mode to overdub/add notes.. i'd die happy.

2. sending individual notes over different midi channels (seq. mode),
depending on which channel is selected when you add notes. imagine having 16 different synths on 16 channels, each one with their own sequence - i think you get the idea. create a melody line in the sequencer, then change the midi channel and overdub/add notes. i am not sure how difficult it would be on a technical level to archive this. but i feel like its not off the limits. midi is, after all, very lightweight. and 16 voices per step is here already. so in the end, it's just about the channel routing..
 i am also not sure how commercially viable this would be. i mean, this would basically be a 16 track keystep pro (with a lot of missing functions of course, but still.) i am sure it would sell like hot cakes ;)

3. change the preset for the maj7 11 chord to a maj7 #11 chord
simple. but maj7 11 chords are hardly ever seen anywhere. they clash pretty badly. maj7 #11 chords have a more dreamy and floaty quality and are therefore much more usable.

please let me know what you think.
cheers!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 02:13:45 am by prehm »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines