March 29, 2024, 08:41:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Advice for migrating presets from V3?  (Read 2549 times)

pedroarroyo

Advice for migrating presets from V3?
« on: March 19, 2021, 02:20:10 am »

Hi,

I recently purchased V4 and attempted to import a .jupx preset file that I believe is only compatible with a previous version.  I have been looking around and do not see a way of automatically updating the format, or downloading and older version of the vst and even manually reimplementing the preset.

What is the recommended way of migrating presets from previous versions?

Please advise,

Pedro

darkogav

• Apprentice
Re: Advice for migrating presets from V3?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 01:16:56 pm »
This does not sound like its possible. The new Jup is completely redesigned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTYWUDtyIiQ&list=PL8_c-xwyffhk2jxD480N2Qd_Inl8wXe4E&index=1

robussc

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 07:50:17 pm »
I just bought some Jup-8V presets from Musicrow (which I'm sort of regretting). Most load fine, and probably if I still had Jup-8V3 it would have worked, but it's not loading into Jup-8V4 for I think probably similar reasons?

There must be a way to migrate patches from older incarnations to V4 (obviously Arturia have done so?)

robussc

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 08:51:15 pm »
I just bought some Jup-8V presets from Musicrow (which I'm sort of regretting). Most load fine, and probably if I still had Jup-8V3 it would have worked, but it's not loading into Jup-8V4 for I think probably similar reasons?

There must be a way to migrate patches from older incarnations to V4 (obviously Arturia have done so?)

Thanks to looking in the General Forum, I checked the "Include Legacy Sounds" option in Analog Lab V and I find the Musicrow presets have magically appeared (so they can't be loaded in to the new Jup-8V because of preset incompatibility).

I'll add my voice to those requesting some migration tool. The Jupiter front panel settings should be migratable at least?!

Edit: Just to clarify how I got some old preset bank to import:

1. Change the extension to .jup4e - even though it's not a V4 bank!
2. Choose import... from the Jup-V4 menu and select the bank.
3. Jup-V4 says the bank imported successfully, but no bank actually appears under My Sound Banks in the preset browser.
4. Switch to Analog Lab V and activate "Include Legacy Sounds".
5. Browse the sound banks in Analog Lab and you'll find the imported bank.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 09:08:54 pm by robussc »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines