April 25, 2024, 03:08:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KLE 49 and Cubase - Transport controls working, Keyboard not  (Read 1166 times)

AfroLektronik

KLE 49 and Cubase - Transport controls working, Keyboard not
« on: February 19, 2021, 08:11:50 am »
Hi,

I've applied all the recommended settings, and the transport controls work fine, but the keyboard , faders and wheels don't. Is there a known fix for this please?
I have also tested the unit with a hardware synth, and the keyboard and control wheels work perfectly fine. So its not a faulty unit
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 08:49:19 am by AfroLektronik »

AfroLektronik

Re: KLE 49 and Cubase - Transport controls working, Keyboard not
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 11:41:10 am »
Hi Again,

been in touch with Cubase, and I thought I'd share the solution that worked for me:

Hello,
Please initialise the program preferences by performing these steps:

- Close all programs.
- Open the 'Run' command prompt by pressing the Windows logo key + R simultaneously.
- In the command line of the 'Run' window, enter this path: %appdata%/Steinberg
- Locate the folder which is named the same as your Steinberg program, for example 'Cubase 11_64’.
- Rename it (for example to "x_Cubase 11_64”) in order to hide it.
- Important: If you find folders of previous program versions, make sure to hide or remove them too.

Next time you start the program, a new folder with fresh preferences and default settings will be created - which hopefully fixes the problem you've experienced.

Preferences that you have grown accustomed to and that have taken a lot of time to configure - the key commands (Key Commands.xml) for instance - can be copied from the inactive folder to the newly created active preferences folder at a later point.

More details on the preferences can be found here:  https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/115000245510-Preferences-of-Cubase-and-Nuendo

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 12:54:14 pm »
Glad you got sorted. Thanks for sharing.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Freymish

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 06:29:19 pm »
Thanks for that tip AfroLektronik. Solved one of my issues anyway, ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines