March 29, 2024, 06:29:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab Essential 61 Midi Out on Mac not working?  (Read 1416 times)

mobeus1

Keylab Essential 61 Midi Out on Mac not working?
« on: February 25, 2021, 02:42:54 am »
Hello all,

I want to send midi I programmed in Logic (or in Reaper) over usb, though my keylab, and into a synth so I get a clock and midi notes that sync up with my daw. Midi transmits just fine to the synth when I press a key, but not when I send midi through a DAW. There's a selectable "Keylab Essential 61 midi out" device that I'm sending midi to, but nothing happens when I send midi to it. Midi Control center doesn't show that it's receiving any data, and when I use Midi Monitor, no data seems to be transmitted. However, when I swap the same midi output in Logic or in Reaper to another device, like the IAC driver, midi data sends and my midi monitor picks it up.

So, what gives? Is this even possible? And if not, what's that Midi Out port even do? It's not mentioned at all in the manual. I'm kinda out of things to try now, so any input would be super appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Keylab Essential 61 Midi Out on Mac not working?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 12:58:13 pm »
Welcome.

The Midi Out socket on the Keylab Essential is for playing external hardware (such as sound modules) from the keylab's keyboard.
It's not designed for passing midi from USB to external hardware.
That would be Midi Through.

The socket is mentioned on page 3 of the manual: "KeyLab Essential's MIDI Out socket can be used to send MIDI information to outboard synths & modules when powered with the optional PSU"
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines