March 28, 2024, 01:29:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ableton Live 11 issues with Keylab mk II  (Read 5554 times)

yorkeman

Ableton Live 11 issues with Keylab mk II
« on: February 24, 2021, 06:04:35 pm »
I just updated to Ableton 11, only to find 10 keys did not function, and one key crashed any VST loaded. After wasting much time, I shut Live down and put a midi logger on, and found all the keys were sending perfectly good note on/off messages.

I reloaded V10 (having optimistically removed it) and everything worked as it should do. Clearly V11 and the Keylab have some change to their interaction, but as yet it's not obvious what it is. However, short of working with 4 note scales, I am switching back to V10.

I can't see anything in release notes at this stage to explain this, but for other users of the combination it would seem that Live 11 is not a 'drop in ' update.

Lovelight

• Apprentice
Re: Ableton Live 11 issues with Keylab mk II
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 10:50:03 am »
I also got some strange things happening with my Keylab mk II, all the midi knop controls don't work in Live 11 only faders when using for example Analog lab V. In Live 10 all midi controls was working good, i could imagine a new script for Live 11...

Solved, i loaded a project from where the Keyboard was working ok, and that fixed it. i don't know why since the midi settings is the same in Live 11, anyway its working as it should.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 08:43:12 am by Lovelight »

onuraryuz

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 02:04:54 pm »
hi i upgrade to Ableton Live suite 11, then baught Arturia MK2 key lab 61 , but when I at CLIP mode on Ableton (vertical mode) ,  I can not record a clip at this section with my key lab.   When I push to rec Botton ,  everything is recorded to , arrangement mode.   And another big problem is,  I can't trigger my clips with Arturia's PADS.   I have push 2.  Everything is worked with push 2 without any problem.

I upgraded my Arturia key lab 61 mk2 to latest firmware.  my Ableton is updated too.  But sometimes Arturia send crazy signals to Ableton :(((( and can't control my clips with my midi keyboard.

Why Arturia??? WHY???? I got the most expensive product in Turkey.  Please solve my problem.

fduarte

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 07:40:10 pm »
Same issue with my Arturia KeyLab 61 MK2 and Ableton Live 11.
With Live 10, no issue at all.
Also on latest firmware for my KL2.
Please Arturia fix this via firmware update, it makes this rather expensive keyboard impossible to use with Live 11, which has been out for months already.

Edit : I've contacted Arturia Support and they've asked to disabled the KeyLab II DAW entries in Live 11's preferences, only to keep KeyLab II Midi.

Once done, my KeyLab worked normally again.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 03:14:41 pm by fduarte »

jazon

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 05:47:23 am »
Hey guys i just got this keyboard and experienced the same problems you all mentioned. After a lot of playing around, I realized that the record button under the transport does not record to session mode -This actually the arrangement record button. To record into session mode, select DAW mode then pressing any of the pads will launch a clip into a recording session then select USER mode to record drums or keys into that session. What i do not like about this option is not being able to select session record again within that same clip (it just keeps on playing). You would need to scroll in to any other slut then trigger the pads again to start a new recording session. I have however figured out a way to turn the arrangement record button to the session record button via the EDIT MIDI key options in Ableton. After selecting the option, click on the session record button ( the empty circle not the filled in one) then click the red record button on your Keylab MKII. From now on pressing this will start session record but the option of recording to arrangement is now lost. Hope it works for you guys.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines