March 29, 2024, 02:05:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencing an external synth while playing with an external keyboard.  (Read 1968 times)

SuNo

• Apprentice
I would like to sequence an external synth with only a midi input, while playing the Minibrute 2S using an external keyboard.

One solution would be to read the manual, then try and error... After reading some of the manual, I am a little bit confused by the quick ref. chart (p.147). Or am I just lazy?

- Can you sequence-out-to-MIDI (say ch. eight) on a channel why receiving MIDI on another (say 9)?
- If not possible via MIDI, is it possible via USB-MIDI and if so, how to do it with Midi Control Center?

Thanks in advance

G.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 11:05:41 pm by SuNo »

psienide

Re: Sequencing an external synth while playing with an external keyboard.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 07:34:41 pm »
The short answer is NO, you can't really do this unless your keyboard controller has multi-channel sequencing (like a KSP). If it does, you can use MIDI-Thru with a different channel to control the ext synth.

Without that, the closest you can get is by using the aux sequencer tracks to sequence pitch and gate to one of the oscillators and control the other with the kb while sending that output through MIDI-thru. But you still won't be able to play a different voice on the ext synth without some patching creativity.

This is one of my gripes with the MB2S in that you can't map the aux seq tracks to a different MIDI channel. If you could, then your use case would be effortless.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 07:36:34 pm by psienide »

SuNo

• Apprentice
Re: Sequencing an external synth while playing with an external keyboard.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 02:38:19 pm »
Thanks psienide. Even though I do not understand the technicality of your reply, I clearly understand the NO. I also understand that if Arturia wants to, they could support a modified behaviour through a firmware upgrade.

So USB-Midi  and/or patch cables will do depending on the external synth. Or not.

G.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines