April 25, 2024, 01:10:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab61 mkII , Logic X , encoders...  (Read 946 times)

TimWellens

• Apprentice
Keylab61 mkII , Logic X , encoders...
« on: February 21, 2021, 01:16:43 pm »
Hello there!

In Logic X you can have 12 Smart Controls. For every soft instrument I have I made a patch so that the first 8 encoders control the first 8 Smart Controls and the first 4 sliders are mapped to the adsr of the soft synth.
It works very well and my encoders all stay correctly mapped, even after shutting down Logic and the iMac.
Only problem I have is that I have to dial the encoder almost endlessly before it catches up.I have to do this with all 8encoders and 4 sliders.Very annoying.
One time all encoders caught up then they work as they should but if I close the Logic session I have to do it again when I start up Logic..Not good for the encoders and not good for my mental health ;)
I tried Midi Control Center but at no avail.

Any solution to this?

Thnx alot and sorry for my chaotic English

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Keylab61 mkII , Logic X , encoders...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 11:59:02 am »
Nothing wrong with your English.
Is this just not a case that you have to turn the knobs to 'catch' where the smart controls are on screen? I'm a Logic user but not KLE user, so I'm guessing a bit.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

TimWellens

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 01:46:23 pm »
Yes,but this can take a while to turn a knob clockwise/anticlockwise before it catches on...And I have to do this for 12 encoders each time I start Logic...These encoders will fail soon if I have to wiggle m all the time like that ;)
Anyway I was hoping there was some kind of workaround, its 2021 for that matter ;) We can land rovers on Mars but I have to wiggle those knobs like a madman :D

Thnx for your response!

For the rest I love the Keylab 61MKII / V-Collection8+Pigments combo ALOT.
Having a Jupiter8 and Juno60 myself and I have to admit it comes very close, especially the Juno60

girth

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 02:10:34 pm »
Yeah the most recent VSTs from Arturia are very very close. DX7V is pretty much spot on too.
Some of their older ones would definitely benefit from a rebuild of the behind-the-scenes engines, because while they sound good in their own way and I like the recent GUI improvements, they are not really authentic at all (exhibit A: CS80V). But I can see Arturia are working on this, gradually.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines