April 19, 2024, 10:16:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cannot update firmware... :(  (Read 1137 times)

Kurgen

• Apprentice
Cannot update firmware... :(
« on: February 19, 2021, 02:03:10 pm »
Apologies in advance, this is a long one, and it's driving me bananas. I just bought a Keylab 88 MkII, it's working fine, Cubase and all VSTs are behaving as normal, but I cannot get the firmware update to install. I've Googled it to hell n back, and it's clearly a fairly common problem, but there seems to be a near complete lack of a solution from Arturia themselves, something I'm not unfamiliar with having had (and still having) issues getting ASC to login to my account, but that's another story.

This is the blow-by-blow version : I run MCC, it sees the 88 no problem, displays its current FW version (1.1.3) and the latest available (1.2.4). I go through all the motions to update it, following onscreen instructions to the letter, and it always comes back to the same thing; failed to update. I've attached pics to illustrate :

I've pasted numbers into the pics to show the sequence as they happened.

Help!

Thanks.

PS It's not the end of the world, as the keyb does work fine, but I'd like to ensure I'm getting the most out of it, but I am having problems getting the DAW mode to work in Cubase, even although I've selected Cubase as the default DAW, although this is not a priority (yet).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 06:19:05 pm by Kurgen »

Kurgen

• Apprentice
Re: Cannot update firmware... :(
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 02:04:16 pm »
These two device manager and "Printers and Devices" pics show that there are absolutely no issues with devices or drivers, and there's a pic showing both the current and available versions.

Kurgen

• Apprentice
Re: Cannot update firmware... :(
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 04:20:10 pm »
Problem solved. For some reason, MCC didn't like the PC's USB connection, or that's what I've surmised, as it worked fine when I attached a 5 metre USB extension to the cable and connected it to another PC on the other side of the room. I can only assume that my music PC (older 2nd gen i7)'s chipset is not 100% supported by MCC / Arturia MIDI, even although everything else works fine. Well, apart from Cubase integration... That'll be tonight's mission.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines