April 19, 2024, 07:33:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Newbie setup Question  (Read 1073 times)

ZeroZero

• Apprentice
Newbie setup Question
« on: February 17, 2021, 01:36:54 pm »
I am new here. I just bought the Arturia 88 Mk2 and am awating delivery. I thought I would try out the demo of Analog Lab 5. Came across an issue.
I have my Roland Keyboard plugged into my system and its working fine with Win 10. I treid to set up the standalone of A5 and went to settings. Here I can set up my device as I normally do, but in MIDI devices, though I can connect my RD700NX, it does not save. Thus when I close my window, the keyboard looses its connection.
I can see no "save" or "apply" button

What gives please? 

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Newbie setup Question
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 02:20:53 pm »
Welcome.

Moved to the correct subforum.

You're right that when you click in the little box next to your chosen midi device it should just stay selected when you close down the window, unless another application has access to that midi device exclusively.
If you don't have any other apps open accessing your device, the issue may be that your old Roland doesn't have class compliant midi drivers (what is it, ten years old I guess?)

Possibly you won't get to the bottom of this until your Keylab 88 turns up and you can try that.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

ZeroZero

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 03:22:54 pm »
I thought this might be because I had a Demo product? The Roland never gives issues elsewhere and I have a lot of software, a lot.

Z

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 04:01:11 pm »
It definitely shouldn't have anything to do with the fact it's demo software. Because you can't demo it if the midi selection doesn't stay selected.
The only limitations of the demo version are (1) you cannot save custom presets and (2) it goes mute after 20 mins. Everything else works. Or it should.
Maybe try uninstalling/re-installing it.
I'm at a bit of a loss other than that, and not being a Windows user I can't poke around to see if I can replicate your issues.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines