March 28, 2024, 11:58:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't copy step to new pattern. 1.3.7-build745 (Solved)  (Read 1575 times)

Asobe

• Apprentice
Can't copy step to new pattern. 1.3.7-build745 (Solved)
« on: February 15, 2021, 02:58:04 am »
I can copy a pattern spot to a new pattern spot. However, I can not copy steps from one pattern to the next. It may not be a bug: I know I am buggy too.

Case:

Project 6:
1. On Pattern 2, I copy step 14 from the 48 page, overdub is on
2. OLED says "Step Copied"
3. I go to pattern 1, same track, and the 64 page, overdub is still on
4. I hold down the paste button and press step 14
5. OLED says "Nothing to Paste"

I cannot copy and paste pages either, but this may not be a feature.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 08:03:34 am by Asobe »

TinyVince

• Apprentice
Re: Can't copy step to new pattern. 1.3.7-build745
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 12:52:10 pm »
Same in my case.
Cant copy steps between procect.
It is like that but more important to me are there fixing other bugs.
Latest update was moths ago.Seems  they work on other projects.Nothing to hear from V2 .

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 03:34:37 pm »
Hi Guys, this is a known problem.  I have personally put it into support, back in the fall.  Please write to support yourself and share your findings, so they can document that others, besides myself are noticing this.  Hopefully it will raise the priority level, on getting this fixed.  I think being able to copy steps between tracks and projects is a much needed thing.  I found out the hard way, that it doesn't work either, but a few months back.  When you get that properly tweaked step, it would sure save time, over having to manually enter everything again.

Asobe

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 05:29:49 pm »
Thank you for the responses. I have contacted support and got a quick response. They cant repeat the problem on their end with the new firmware. However, they are still working with me. I will follow up if there is an adequate solution.

Oh Andrew, you are so correct: my KSP, to me, is a brick without this function, and I could name a hundred instances of inspirational usage. In the manual, it even says it, as follows:

"5.3.6. Copy, Paste & Erase (Steps)
Copy and paste operations are the core of the creative process."

So, I am sure Arturia doesn't take it lightly. Moreover, I am thinking this may be limited to some machines or updates. I am thinking of backing down the update, checking functionality, and re-downloading 1.3.7, in the case of a missing bit or something. Arturia is in the middle of helping me, so we will see.

mickg666

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 04:40:05 pm »
I have the same problem with FW 1.3.7 - "nothing to paste"

Asobe

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 04:49:38 pm »
Follow up:

Support was baffled. So I backed down to 1.3.2, but the problem occurred then too.Therefore, my case, I assume, must be hardware, and I was nearing the return deadline: so I returned it. When I received my KSP, I remember it had no protective plastic peel on the screen, but it otherwise had no blemish. Maybe, I got shipped a refurbished one by mistake. Who knows... Good luck :P

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 06:33:53 pm »
From my experience Arturia support will fall back on "bad hardware" even when it's highly unlikely.  I was told to return my KSP for a different issue and the new unit has the exact same behaviour (step record stops working routinely, as in every time I use the KSP). 

Being unable to copy to a step seems extremely unlikely to be a hardware bug unless it is due to a general "memory is failing" issue.  If that's the case then all sorts of odd behaviour should be occurring including hard lockups.

What I think is more likely is that the firmware and MCC software have memory corruption issues that over time lead to buggy behaviour.  Staff are probably factory resetting their KSP's constantly so are not dealing with real world usage cases.  Also adding to the issue is that the MCC appears to lack sanity checking for projects on import and also will subtly corrupt projects on transfer to the KSP.       

Asobe

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 08:20:21 pm »
Sweet Info, thank you. That makes very good sense, as my minibrute 2s' sequencer seems to get a little weird and then not. Anywho, I hurried it back it to the retailer, as I am still under the their return policy.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 11:39:54 am by Asobe »

Asobe

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 03:12:02 am »
Status Update:

I returned the KSP to the dealer, and I have just received a new one, this time with the acrylic protector. However, same issue out of the box with no updates. Tech support gave me the beta 1.3.9, but same issue still. I wonder if I am doing this in the wrong way. The problem seems to be that the clipboard is erased on entering a new pattern or project because on reentering the source pattern it says the same "nothing to paste." Before i switched patterns, it pasted fine into the source pattern. Stiller weird up, the page pasting into a new pattern paste the step leds but no data. Tthe tech support saga continues, i geuss.

Has this feature ever worked for anyone ever?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 03:48:57 am by Asobe »

Asobe

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2021, 08:03:00 am »
Great news All!!!! We have a solution!

Working with tech support, I asked them to show me how they work it. So, they were kind enough to send me a video of copying steps and pages to new patterns. We then discovered why it was working on their end and not ours. The video showed them pasting steps and pages alright, but it was not to the source track. I never thought to paste to another track or at least I think I never tried at least. Sure enough it worked!

So, I expressed to tech support that they should update the manual to state that it can be done only to a separate track. They then said I should be able to do it on the source track. For hoots and giggles, I tried it again.  However, step pasting still didn't work on the source track, for which I iterated to tech support. They then tried it again on their machine for steps only, and they finally were able to repeat my experience. They then said they would pass it on to development.

So, where are we now?

1. To paste a step or page into a new pattern on the source track, copy the select steps/page and paste them into an already active and self-created "buffer/scratch" pattern on another track, then copy the freshly pasted steps/page ,and paste them into the a new pattern in the source track. I know, 3 rights to go left, but I am happy  that it just works.

2. To paste to a new pattern of a new project in the source track, paste the source pattern to the new project on a track other than the destination, copy and paste the steps or page to the destination pattern and track, and delete the carry over pattern if desired

I know its a bit wonky, but I works enough for me given all the other great merits of the KSP. So, in the the words of the Madona" But I made up my mind, I'm keeping my Keystep,hm I'm gonna keep my Keystep, ooh ooh"

Thanks all for your help. If there is further relevant development with tech support, I will post.

Edited: I thought I had a fix for the page pasting with out all the steps but I was wrong. I edited this post accordingly and edited the new project. as I had it bass ackards.My sincere apologies.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 11:00:29 am by Asobe »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines