March 29, 2024, 10:02:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keystep pro and Sysex  (Read 2274 times)

louwik

Keystep pro and Sysex
« on: February 14, 2021, 10:12:38 am »
Hello, trying for several days to send sysex messages to my alpha juno via my computer, I have the impression that my keystep pro, which serves as a bridge between the 2, does not send sysex. I have seen that this is the case for the keystep and the beatstep pro, is it really the case for the keystep pro as well?

Andrew Henderson

Re: Keystep pro and Sysex
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 02:27:07 pm »
Unfortunately yes. Very little is actually passed through the Keystep Pro, including sysex messages.  Hopefully this will change in the future, when it is stated that soft through will be implemented, in a later firmware update.

I would write to support and let them know your concerns. They are pretty good about this sort of thing and will add it to the to-do list, for the developers.  if you don't share your opinion, they won't know how important it is and therefore, it won't be implemented.

kutcher

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 12:03:56 pm »
we need sysex in keystep pro!

collincrowe

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 04:18:55 am »
@jan Juno
I had the same  problem the day mine arrived right when it came out. I totally freaked out and thought it was bricked on arrival. I don’t completely remember but I believe I just repeated the firmware upload process and it kicked back into gear. Super weird and horrifying experience but mine is ok now. Try doing the firmware thing again and you should be grooving (hopefully)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines