March 29, 2024, 07:25:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Live (DAW mode) - different order for clip launch from Pad and volume faders  (Read 799 times)

spride

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I am using the KeyLab 61 mkII with Ableton Live 10 Standard which is using the following:

Five hardware sequencers  that are sending to software instruments on MIDI tracks (no clips)
Two  hardware MIDI controllers  that are sending to software instruments on MIDI tracks (for leads and pads, no clips)
Four hardware synths that are receiving MIDI from MIDI track clips

My issue is that I want to be able to control the relative volume of the software instruments from the faders
AND
Launch clips from the pads in DAW > Live mode

It seems that the order of controls is hard-wired. If I move all the clips that control external synths to the left of Live's window, they appear as yellow / green illuminated pads and I can launch them but then I run out of faders for the soft synths.

If I move the soft synths to the left hand side, then the clip launch moves to the rightmost, lowest part of the pads.

How can I configure Live so that the pads look at say Channels 1-4 starting at pad 1,  and the faders look at Channels 5-8 starting at Fader 1?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines