March 28, 2024, 03:19:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minilab MKII does not write controller pot MIDI data back to Cubase.  (Read 2036 times)

Event2020

• Apprentice
Windows 10
Cubase Pro 11
Minilab MK II
Steinberg UR22C

I am using Minilab as a controller for other (Non Arturia) VSTi's, my understanding of which is that Minilab is not intended solely to control Arturia products.

I have an instance of Native Instruments Massive V1.5 open and I am using the Minilab pots to manually control some Massive filter controls.
Minilab Pot 2 = Cutoff
Minilab Pot 3 = Resonance

I assigned these pots to the contols in massive by "Right Click" on the Cutoff knob and select "midi learn".

This works fine when I manually manipulate these controls but when I try and record this to Cubase by clicking on the red "W" button and hitting play, my movement of the pots is not recorded.

If I hit the "W" and use my mouse to move the Cutoff or Resonance then it is recorded which tells me the issue is with Minilab.

I have also tried all of the above with two other different VSTi's and get the same result so for what ever reason Minilab is not sending the data back to Cubase.

Can anyone help?

Event2020

• Apprentice
Re: Minilab MKII does not write controller pot MIDI data back to Cubase.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 08:55:02 pm »
Really... No One, not a single reply?

Whats the point of a help forum if no one helps! >:( >:( >:(

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Minilab MKII does not write controller pot MIDI data back to Cubase.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 10:54:30 am »
If no one's getting the same issues as you, they can't help.
I don't have cubase nor a minilab but here's my take on it. Feel free to jump in with corrections if I've understood you wrongly:

1) you're trying to record automation for Cutoff and Resonance in Cubase using two pots on the Minilab
2) You have assigned Cutoff and Resonance to two of the Minilab's pots.
3) When you turn the pots you can hear they are affecting the sound as expected, but your actions aren't being recorded by Cubase.

...so run it past me again then how that's a Minilab problem?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines