May 10, 2021, 11:51:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New Microfreak stuck on home screen- bricked!  (Read 351 times)

dstilts

New Microfreak stuck on home screen- bricked!
« on: February 12, 2021, 02:02:01 am »
Hi, I just received the Microfreak vocoder addition a few days ago. I updated the firmware and it was working for about an hour then all of the sudden it reset by itself  to the Microfreak home screen with the floating space particles and will not do anything. I tried holding shift/Arp/Oct then restarted and the utility light does not come on. I also tried 3 different computers Mac and PC and it is not recognized and unable to re-update the firmware. Every time I turn it on it is just the home screen animation and nothing else.

Please Help?!!!!

gushingcloud

Re: New Microfreak stuck on home screen- bricked!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 03:26:43 am »
This has happened to me as well, and it's frustrating. Somewhere else in the forum mentioned this issue and that they used a Windows computer instead of a Mac and that fixed the issue. But I've been trying on a Windows 7 PC all day and it hasn't worked. I'd really rather fix it myself than send it back but I may have to. Let me know if you figure anything out and I'll do the same.

VirgilGuitars

Re: New Microfreak stuck on home screen- bricked!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 02:40:15 am »
My MicroFreak is also hanging on the start screen. I'm having to turn it off and on over and over again and it eventually starts up. There's no real way to recreate the problem because we're talking about starting the machine here. Hopefully this.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines