April 19, 2024, 04:55:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Need Help - I'M IN NOOB HELL - runaway modulation?  (Read 1145 times)

ram0nr0mer0

Need Help - I'M IN NOOB HELL - runaway modulation?
« on: February 09, 2021, 09:05:46 pm »
I didn't want to put this in technical issues because I don't think it's the m.brute's problem - I actually think the issue is my own noob ignorance unfortunately :(

FYI I'm running the latest firm ware and I can talk to my m.brute and get a valid firmware version for it, the midi control center says the firmware version is 2.0.1 - and it is the latest.

Problem : Every single sound appears to have some kind of sweep on the sound where after 2 bars or so it sounds as though modulation is being sequenced either by an LFO or the Step Sequencer to make the sound behave as though a high pass filter sweep first, sweeps up and then backdown again to where the sound is playing "normally" again.  This repeats over and over - UNWANTEDLY.

What I've tried: 

1. I've gone into the mod matrix on numerous sounds (they all do it) and removed ALL ENTRIES in the mod matrix. 
2. If sound has a sequence I've "unchecked" all MOD buttons depressed for the sequence
3. Disconnected all midi sources (I thought maybe something else was sending the midi CC controller to sweep)

I'm very stumped - I've searched the forums and the manual and I cannot seem to find what I'm missing in order to stop this....  As it affects every single sound, you can imagine, hard to write anything with your sound sweeping in and out when you don't want it to.

I'm a total noob with the matrix brute please forgive me, but if you can suggest some things to try I would really appreciate it I've slammed my head against this for WAY too long now - thanks

RR

ram0nr0mer0

Re: Need Help - I'M IN NOOB HELL - runaway modulation?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 09:19:12 pm »
Two seconds after I posted this I found the problem - EXTERNAL EFFECT - it was a flanger doing this... i was running the output through a guitar pedal and the flanger was causing this.... I was focusing too much on the M.Brute - midi and its onboard capabilities - not even thinking about the audio signal after it left the m.brute - i was convinced it was internal to the m.brute.  Sorry for the bother....

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Need Help - I'M IN NOOB HELL - runaway modulation?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 09:48:21 pm »
Hey, that can happen  ;D

Now try the flanger on the MatrixBrute! Remember, the FX can also be modulated using the modulation matrix...

Have fun!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines