April 23, 2024, 10:56:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: mkII fader control trouble - unless running through Analog Lab  (Read 995 times)

mharry

• Apprentice
mkII fader control trouble - unless running through Analog Lab
« on: February 06, 2021, 04:26:18 am »
I can't seem to get the faders of my MKII to work in proper Pickup mode when running standalone Pigments. When I'm running Pigments through Analog Lab 4 the faders pickup perfectly, but if Pigments is running solo then the faders keep jumping.

The knobs work perfectly in standalone Pigments when set to Relative action. (While in Analog Lab they need to be set to Absolute.)

In standalone Pigments the only way I've stopped the snap-to jump action is to set the MIDI Learn to Relative, but then the whole span of the parameter is controlled with a tiny fraction of the slider's range. (min max value is set at the typical 0-127)

I've tried all the combinations between the mkII settings and Pigments (pickup/non-relative, jump/relative, etc.) but can't seem to find a solution.

Anyone else experience this and find a fix? For now my solution is just to run Pigments through Analog Lab...

maxdis

Re: mkII fader control trouble - unless running through Analog Lab
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 11:26:30 am »
I'm having the same problem using a Keylab Essential, the keyboard's faders and knobs never really "catch up" with the synth ones, and I have to move them too much before having a response. I think a top synth like this should have a better MIDI integration at the very least with the Arturia keyboards. When using Analog Lab the integration is perfect out of the box, there's nothing to configure,  the knobs are perfectly in sync and the fader pickups very nicely when using the "scale" mode.
Please consider a feature request to add the Analog Lab MIDI behaviour in Pigments.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines