April 23, 2024, 02:53:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KSP + Microbrute & Roland Aira  (Read 1570 times)

3Stain

• Apprentice
KSP + Microbrute & Roland Aira
« on: February 05, 2021, 12:15:12 pm »
Hi all i need a little help/advise.
Right now i've an Arturia Microbrute + a Roland Aira System: MX-1, TR-8, System-1, SP404
I want to upgrade this dawless environment buying a KSP (at least i think is a good choice)
Right now i'm using the MX1 as a "brain" to keep Tempo to all machine and the Microbrute connected via midi is give me awesome bass...

For going further i plan to take another synth for pads or bass (switching pads over the Micro)

I'm in search of an advise on how to grow-up this environment, is the KSP the right choice?
In future i'll continue to use tempo on the MX1 to control all or i'll use the KSP for all?

Connection example MX1 -->KSP the other machine or KSP --> all the other machine?
just to let you know that the MX1 has "AIRA connection" usb proprietary connection to link all "Roland Aira things"

look forward for your help thanks in advance!

acatcalledanarchy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: KSP + Microbrute & Roland Aira
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 10:24:22 am »
The MX-1 does not pass MIDI from it’s MIDI IN Port to USB out ( Aira Link ), only start / stop and clock. Therefore you’ll have to connect the KeyStep Pro MIDI Out directly to you Aira device MIDI In Port.

3Stain

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 09:35:48 am »
hi thanks for replay!!

at first i was a little shock by your tell...  :) so i gone to official site and i read the spec... are you super sure of what you had write?

i report this little text piece from the official description of the MX1:
" With fully automatic detection, AIRA Link USB ports transmit audio, MIDI, and sync over a single USB cable "

Did you try Hands ON? unfortunately i can't try.... 
for sure i let you know that theres a lot of setup option for the MX1 maybe is all about a specific setup option...

Somebody else can try to help this post out?
Thanks in advance :D

acatcalledanarchy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 09:59:48 pm »
I speak from experience as I own an MX-1, Aira Link transits MIDI via USB from PC DAW, but does not forward MIDI from MIDI DIN ports to USB ports. This has been raised with Roland but has never been addressed in any firmware update.

3Stain

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 07:07:31 pm »
Hi @acatcalledanarchy thanks for your replay!
i've have to say that you are completely right!! i've done a test with a midi keyboard and i can say that Midi from Midi DIN isn't forward to Aira link.... what a shame  ???

I'm happy that you own a MX1... did you have a KeyStep Pro too?

Back to the first question, how do you will setup an Arturia/Aira system? may be is time to use the KSP to control MX1 clock that will cascade to Aira link and with KSP Midi out control Synths...   

acatcalledanarchy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 09:45:25 am »
Yes I own a KSP. As a workaround you have to accept that the Aira Link will only
stream USB audio to the MX-1 and plug the KSP MIDI out into the MIDI in of a MIDI Thru box ( I use the Quadra MIDI Thru box ) and plug the MIDI thru into the MIDI in of each Boutique.

acatcalledanarchy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 07:01:16 pm »
Actually this may just be what is needed to solve the problem:

https://www.mumidi.com/hublink

3Stain

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 10:33:56 am »
Hi @acatcalledanarchy thanks for time you give in this discussion!
now i have a more clear idea of the setup i need and how to upgrade it!
Thanks again!
 :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines