March 29, 2024, 09:23:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using Arp/Seq to control other synths via USB/DAW?  (Read 1745 times)

tomatoKetchup

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Using Arp/Seq to control other synths via USB/DAW?
« on: February 05, 2021, 11:24:55 am »
Hello,

Is it possible to use the Freak's Arp/sequencer to control other synths via usb-MIDI?
As it stand it looks like the Arp/Seq features are only internally tied to the Freak's presets.
Or am I missing something?  ???

tomatoKetchup

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Using Arp/Seq to control other synths via USB/DAW?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 03:24:40 pm »
I should add that I have the "Arp/Seq midi out" option set to "on". It's not working, through USB-MIDI at least (haven't tried the TRS MIDI). Would that be a bug?

EDIT: found the problem. The Arp/Seq midi out does not work if the synth is set to "local off". That's an issue because, since I want to use the keybaord and arp/seq facilities as a controller in my DAW, separate from the sound engine, I have to have it set to off.

Is this a software bug or a design choice due to some potential issues this would cause that I cannot see? Would anyone at Arturia comment on that?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 03:31:30 pm by tomatoKetchup »

csurieux

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 10:12:08 am »
EDIT: found the problem. The Arp/Seq midi out does not work if the synth is set to "local off". That's an issue because, since I want to use the keybaord and arp/seq facilities as a controller in my DAW, separate from the sound engine, I have to have it set to off.

Is this a software bug or a design choice due to some potential issues this would cause that I cannot see? Would anyone at Arturia comment on that?
+1

Amaethron

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 02:36:12 am »
Just tried this out and it works fine on my unit.

Local > Off
Midi > Both (but connected only via USB)
Seq > On

works like a charm in Studio One 5.2
I even noticed, that I can still record into the modulation lanes of the sequencer when I hit record eventhough local > off which is fantastic.

[EDIT]
OK i was wrong, I only tried that with the microfreak, now I tried it with a VSTi and when local > off then there will be no MIDI either from the sequencer for me now. It does make sense to be this way, but an option to keep the sequencer on while local > off would be great.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 02:50:57 am by Amaethron »

Machina Ex Humine

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 03:50:48 pm »
exactly the same here

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines