March 28, 2024, 06:21:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Downgrading to 1.3.5 while the bugs are fixed - how to do it?  (Read 3401 times)

ckbrooks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Downgrading to 1.3.5 while the bugs are fixed - how to do it?
« on: November 26, 2012, 08:44:23 am »
Hi,

Really enjoying Origin, but have just upgraded to 1.4 from 1.3.5 and found the renaming of preset designer bug a nuisance. Please would someone be kind enough to take me step by step through how to downgrade to 1.3.5 without any problems? :)

tertior

Re: Downgrading to 1.3.5 while the bugs are fixed - how to do it?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 09:42:57 am »
With the Origin connection 1.40 you choose the 1.35 update; that's it.

Philippe

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 10:30:50 am »
Hmmmm.  Though you can technically downgrade from 1.4 to 1.3.50 you'll likely encounter problems because all the presets you've loaded into the machine are now converted to the 1.4 format which is not compatible with the 1.3.50.

When downgrading to 1.3.50 you'll need to check the option "Install Factory Presets". This will force a backup of your own presets on the machine but they will be saved with the 1.4 format and hence they will likely crash your Origin if at some point you want to reload them from the backup. The only safe thing to do is to reload them from the backup made when you installed the 1.4 version. But then you'll lost any changes you may have made since.

Fortunately, there's a bug-fix firmware that will be available for a pre-release public test very soon (I'm doing some final tests on the update process itself). So I would suggest you to wait - a matter of 1 or 2 weeks - for this bug-fix release.
Origin Lead  Developer

ckbrooks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 10:36:36 am »
Hell there,

That's good advice. Thank you very much indeed. Where will I need to look for the fix?

It really is a tremendous instrument. Thank you for all of the hard work, dedication and effort you've clearly made to bring such a complex and wide-ranging vision to reality. It stands as being unique in the synth world, and reminds me of the "realiser" that Wolfgang Palm originally thought of many years ago, but which didn't make it to market.

Philippe

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 11:24:21 am »
That's good advice. Thank you very much indeed. Where will I need to look for the fix?

I'll post a link to the downloadable ogu file on this forum.
Origin Lead  Developer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines