March 28, 2024, 10:45:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to disable MIDI In to avoid MIDI feedback crashing the keyboard?  (Read 1968 times)

dannytaurus

I use KeyStep 37 connected to Mac via USB. On Mac I use MIDI Thru app to forward all MIDI inputs to all MIDI outputs. This works exactly for my needs (sends MIDI in from KeyStep out through my audio/MIDI interface to my synth rack) but unfortunately causes a MIDI feedback loop in the KeyStep 37 and the keyboard crashes.

I have no use for USB MIDI input on the KeyStep - is it possible for me to disable the USB MIDI input?

If I could do that I could prevent the feedback loop from occurring. For now I have the MIDI input channel set to 16 and the output to 1. This also avoids the loop but I feel like disabling the input would be safer.

jms1

• Apprentice
Re: How to disable MIDI In to avoid MIDI feedback crashing the keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 11:26:42 pm »
It sounds like there should be a setting in your "MIDI Thru" app which allows you to select which MIDI output devices it should or shouldn't "echo" the messages to, based on which MIDI input device the message came from.

You may want to contact the app's author, however if it's https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midi-thru/id873634211?mt=12, it looks like it hasn't been updated in a few years, so ... don't hold your breath? ;D

Let us know if you do get any kind of response from the author.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines