March 28, 2024, 03:20:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Strange display behaviour- keylab mkii 88 in MCU Mode-Mackie control in DAW  (Read 1096 times)

JanFoyer

• Apprentice
Hi dear all fellow Arturians!
I just got my keyLab mkii 88 few days ago and I have encountered some setup issues and trying to figure them out so here I am , reaching out to you guys.

My default DAW is Mixcraft and here`s my problem.

I connect my arturia KeyLab mkii 88 to Mixcraft and set my Daw mode on KeyLab in MCU and Mackie Cotrol in Mixcraft.
Everything seems to work fine, but my display start to act strange, it mainly freezes showing only Track 8 and the pan value ( see the attachment below). Nothing changes if I twist and turn knobs and faders. It only reacts when I turn the knob on CH 8. If I delete the mackie control setting in MC, the display start to act normal again.

Any ideas to  why this is happeneing?

Best Regards,
Jan Foyer

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Hi Jan

Welcome. I don't unfortunately, and I think because you are using a comparatively-obscure DAW which Arturia doesn't natively support in its mappings, your issues could end up falling between the gap in the sofa with no-one actively taking ownership. Have you also reached out to Acoustica to see if there's anything they could advise?

Someone with more direct experience than me may respond below.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

JanFoyer

• Apprentice
Hi and thank you for your reply.
Yeah, I guess I'm gonna change to and learn Cubase, it's probably for the better overall.

I have already been trying different ways to set up my keylab mkii with Cubase but it seems there are different suggestions how to set it up.
What is the correct way? How is your setup with your keylab if I may ask?
 What is the proper daw setup on the keylab and inside Cubase? MCU, Cubase or HUI on the keylab?
Cubase, MCU or HUI on the keylab?

Thanks for your time,
Jan.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
I only had the original KeyLab which didn't really integrate well with my DAW, Logic Pro. Well it kind of did: the knobs and sliders worked the on-screen controls that I would expect them to, but the transport controls did nothing.

If you're going to try to learn Cubase and use it with your KL mkII it might be worth starting a new thread with an appropriate title to attract Cubase users.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 11:55:45 am by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines