March 28, 2024, 09:44:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: FL Studio integration support  (Read 11113 times)

DrumMatrix88

FL Studio integration support
« on: January 28, 2020, 02:12:33 am »
I'm currently in the market for a new controller. I currently have an m-audio Code 61 and I wanna upgrade to something a little more integrated and premium like a keylab mk2. I have been comparing the nektar panorama p6. Is has some out the box integration with FL studio. Keylab has to be done with user mode. It doesn't necessarily take long to map key controls but to have integration with FL studios platform would be nice. Bouncing between mixer tracks, channel racks, playlist ECT. The bonus with the keylab is analog lab 4 included. Out the box using a vst with 6500 patches from classic machines is a bonus. Although I have read some people having problems using analog lab 4 as a plugin inside FL studio. Someone, somewhere, some company, including image line, need to work together to create a dedicated full out keyboard controller for FL or show FL some love. I'm at a stand still with my code 61 till I hear about keylab or any worthy controller officially integrating with FL studios key components and parameters to help our work flow inside the board as much as possible until being forced to jump back to the daw

reditec

Re: FL Studio integration support
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 06:20:46 pm »
Keylab has to be done with user mode. Although I have read some people having problems using analog lab 4 as a plugin inside FL studio.

HOW does that user mode work? I just very recently bought my keylab mk2 and like the hardware aspects about it. But these limitations related to FL Studio make me kinda sad.
ARTURIAs synthies are all awesome - I own the FX Collection, Pigments and the V Collection 7. In standalone mode the software works great, but within FL Studio many things don't work.
Please fix this :/

LBH

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 06:39:15 pm »
Hi and welcoem to Arturia forums Reditec.

You can read about USER mode in the manual. Not sure what the OP mean.

You have DAW mode, that about controlling the DAWs faders and such. This is the set up guide for the DAW functions that's used beside the Keyboard setup: https://www.arturia.com/faq/keylabmkii/keylab-mkii-tips-tricks

Which functionality does'nt work in FL Studio?
If there is a functionlity that does'nt work in FL Studio, then this can be because FL Studio does'nt support the feature.
What's to be fixed?

juap

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 06:24:07 am »
i want full integration with FL Studio too, I don’t care if is a FL problem, because for me its quite easy, I will resell my MKII and buy a novation that has integration. The things that don’t work?, practically everything in the DAW... I can’t believe u guys don’t spend time on testing things, you shouldn't ask what’s wrong, you should know.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 01:06:54 pm »
LBH doesn't work for Arturia he's 'just' a user like all of us, and an incredibly helpful one too, so get off your high horse.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

VenVile

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 10:57:53 pm »
Honestly, I'm a bit surprised no support has ever come for FL Studio. I love this keyboard, but the lack of support for FL is frustrating to say the least. I understand that FL wasn't initially supported from inception, and both the Keylab MkII and FL support MCU, but the MCU implementation is wonky, at best. I'm a bit let down that no support has been since added, as FL is extremely popular. It really is one of the most popular DAWs out there.

Image Line recently started supporting MIDI scripting, which is great, and a user there just started working on a script for the Keylab 61, but it's just him by himself, and it too is very wonky and brings with it some hiccups. M-Audio just released their new Oxygen Pro line, and it has native support for FL, and I'm strongly considering it... Like, strongly. The Keylab is a superb keyboard, but without full functionality, it becomes more like a board than keyboard.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 02:25:45 pm »
Sorry if this sounds harsh but if integration with your unsupported DAW was so important to you, and if you knew your DAW wasn't supported when you bough the controller, what was your rationale for buying it?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

radford

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2020, 05:35:10 pm »
See this thread:
https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?p=1570035

I've been working independently to get FL Studio Integration working with MK2 and it works pretty nicely now. I still need to make a video on how to set it up

« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 05:57:57 pm by radford »

radford

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 08:50:03 pm »
Just thought I'd mention this, but I just finished adding the ability to reprogram the drumpads for mk2. Just need to hold down the drumpads key you want to reprogram for 1 second until it starts flashing, then play any note (or sequence of notes ) from any channel bank and then pressing the drumpad again to stop the recording.

You can then inject the note /sequence of notes recorded into any pattern/song you are recording into FL studio by pressing the drumpad again. Video demo:

https://youtu.be/Zt2z_i9JsOo

I haven't added the ability to save the reprogrammed pads yet (next thing to do).

CorM

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2021, 02:36:33 am »
Thank you for that script! I added it and it works great!
Livello Freres accordeon, Hohner Melodica, Violin, Drums, Yamaha Tyros 4, Arturia MKII

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines