March 29, 2024, 12:35:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help a newbie?  (Read 2093 times)

hakimjamalmusic

Help a newbie?
« on: January 26, 2021, 06:13:23 pm »
Hi,
I have several questions which can only be answered by people who have bought the software, I guess. Any notes I can find don't make it obvious. Please can anyone help on these?

1) I run Mac OS Big Sur 11.1 on a MacBook Pro. Any known compatibility issues?
2) I run Garageband 10.4.2 - again the same question.
3) I have a KORG micro keyboard with a USB interface. Any issues with this kind of hardware I should know about?
4) It looks as though it comes with quite a limited number of banks, although the pre-sets look pretty extensive. Are people generally happy with the 'out-of-the-box' sounds?
5) Lastly, I've seen mixed reviews. To me it looks extremely good value for money if you already have a controller. Is it?

Really grateful for a few replies on this as I did intend to buy it for my birthday on Feb 1.

Many thanks, Paul

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Help a newbie?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 01:57:29 pm »
Hi Paul
Welcome

1) Arturia software is Big Sur compatible, but not M1 (Apple Silicon) compatible. So it depends what MBP you've got.

2) Arturia Audio Units will run in GarageBand (personal experience). GarageBand may warn that you need to lower security levels to use them, afterwards it'll work fine.

3) As long as your MBP recognises your Korg as a midi controller, AL5 can use it. Does GarageBand already work with your Korg? If so, then that's a good sign AL5 will work with it.

4) AL5 comes with over 2000 presets chosen from Arturia V Collection + Pigments. There is also an additional online store accessible from the AL5 app where you can download hundreds more presets, many of them free. It will be a quite some time before you run out of ideas.

5) Download the trial and see if it meets your expectations. Arturia generously allow users to download a fully-operational unlimited trial so you can test it for yourself before you commit to purchase. The only thing you can't do with the trial is save your own presets, and after 20 minutes it goes mute (so quit the app and open it again).
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines