March 28, 2024, 09:58:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Why does my midi controller just stop making sound in the middle of a project?  (Read 1480 times)

rycankun

I just bought the minilab MK2, I've been using it for a few hours with no issues. I have been using it with Abelton Live lite

I went to add a beat to my song, and when I hit the key pads, the light turned red and stayed red, and the rest of the drumpad lights were off. I could hit any pad, and it would turn red, and stay red, while the others stayed off.

I hit shift, and now the drumpads are all lit up, but none of the keys or drumpads work on any instruments. If I open a brand new project, it works fine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have been trying to figure this out for a while, and feeling fairly aggravated at this point.

(side note... why are these captchas nearly impossible to solve?)

LilSmeag

• Apprentice
Sounds like you were on Ableton mode. Keep Shift pressed and check which pad lights up; that is your selected bank. Bank 1 has special controls for Analog Lab and Bank 8 has special controls for Ableton (intended for use with the session view). To change the selected bank, press another pad while having Shift pressed. Then you can let go of both of them. You can find out about the Mk2's functionality online.
When in Ableton mode, drum pads control clips in session view, instead of triggering instruments' notes.
If you want to play instruments, you should make sure to have any of the banks 2-7 selected. It's easier to keep this rule of thumb.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines