March 29, 2024, 03:49:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Issues Setting Up KS37 With Reaper  (Read 2126 times)

cherkcom

Issues Setting Up KS37 With Reaper
« on: January 25, 2021, 09:16:46 pm »
Looking for some help setting up KeyStep 37 with Reaper.  In Preferences > MIDI Devices, "Arturia KeyStep 37" is listed in both MIDI inputs (Enabled+Control) and MIDI outputs (Enabled+Clock).  But when I apply those settings I get the following error message:

The following MIDI inputs could not be opened:
Arturia KeyStep 37
The following MIDI outputs could not be opened:
Arturia KeyStep 37

The KS is on and plugged into the (Windows 10) computer via USB and recognized by MIDI Control Center.

Any suggestions?  I am a noob to both MIDI and Reaper, so perhaps I overlooked something obvious.

Disto

• Apprentice
Re: Issues Setting Up KS37 With Reaper
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 12:45:03 am »
It's look like your keystep midi interface is already locked by another software. Try to close all app (same for midi control center)  :)

cherkcom

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 02:09:17 am »
Thank you, that did it!

Scryptitious

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 02:16:04 am »
In case anyone else has this issue and quitting other software (most importantly, MIDI Control Center) doesn't work:

I had to delete a controller I no longer use from the MIDI Devices window and then reassign the ID number of the previous controller to the Keystep 37. Once I did that, the error disappeared and my KS37 was recognized.

Also necessary: Enabling "send clock to output" in the MIDI outputs section of MIDI Devices if you want sequences to be slaved to Reaper. Equally important: turn that option off during ordinary tracking.

Now if only I could get the CC knobs to control Pigments and other software synths. So far, I can't seem to do a basic filter sweep with Knob 1, which is assigned to CC#74.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines