April 18, 2024, 05:14:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help needed! Using Minilab MKII with Sparkle, or Keystep 37, Chord & Strum  (Read 1411 times)

Michael68

Dear all, I am fascinated by Arturia products and just purchased a Sparkle Drum Machine to enjoy the vintage drum sounds.
My next decision is very challenging: loved the chord and strum feature on the Keystep 37, but also was thinking of getting the larger Minilab MKII for the drum pads and larger keys but without the chord and strum feature of the Keystep 37.
As I am very new to Arturia products, would love to hear advice from experienced users here if the Keystep would be a better choice if the chord and strum feature is priority for me.
Just wanted to share my purpose of purchasing Arturia products was to recreate 80s music, like New Order Blue Monday, hence the Sparkle Drum Machine for the Oberheim DMX sounds. Would appreciate advise on the next equipment that would be able to work with this, whether Minilab MKII or the Keystep 37. Will be getting the Analog Lab as well. For DAW, I am not sure if it is easy to use these in Logic Pro X,  but I am also happy to learn the use of Ableton Live if the workflow is easier and seamless.
Many thanks in advance!

Michael

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines