March 29, 2024, 10:17:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audio Unit-only Install/Upgrade? (ie. Deleting VST plug-ins)  (Read 2977 times)

rockdirectrice

Audio Unit-only Install/Upgrade? (ie. Deleting VST plug-ins)
« on: January 24, 2021, 04:06:37 pm »
Two questions:

1. Would it be possible to add a toggle in the Software Center app to allow users to select which Plug-Ins are installed/updated?

I only use AU’s on a very optimized MBP with 1TB of storage for OS, Apps, select sound libraries and session files. I hate tethered storage and only use it when I have a particular sound library. The duplicate VST and VST3 files add up to many GBs of unused storage.

When I manually install plug-ins, I always deselect VST and VST3’s since I don’t use any apps that use them. With apps like that upgrade using a manager like Arturia Software Center, I then have to delete VST/3’s after each upgrade cycle. I would love to skip this step!

2. There are duplicate VST and VST3 files that are installed into the

Users/Library/Arturia/[Plug-in name]/

folder. Are these needed for users with a AU-only workflow, or can they be deleted?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 04:08:29 pm by rockdirectrice »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Audio Unit-only Install/Upgrade? (ie. Deleting VST plug-ins)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 09:32:44 pm »
Hi there

If you are going to use only the Audio Units I think you could get away with deleting the VST and VST3 versions. But honestly the amount of space these apps are consuming is comparatively minimal, each being between 20-25MB. Fully hear you that you are running an optimised system, but if a couple of hundred MB is making a big difference, you (your system) got issues.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Goon

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 01:56:00 pm »
Hardly a justification for putting down someones workflow, blaming their system is it! Expected more from a moderator.

But, I agree there should be an option to select which versions of plugin types, the end user selects, which currently you cannot using the Arturia Software Centre currently.

venshield

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 07:52:34 am »
This feature is badly needed. Deleting th VST versions of the V Collection 8 and FX Collection can save over 7GB of space

LBH

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 09:39:58 pm »
It's a long time since i have'nt made a silent install.
But as far as i recall, then it's possible to select some plugins to install during the install process, when you use the stand alone installer and when you don't use ASCs silent install. Have you tried that?
Not sure all plugins was selectable to install.

I do think, that it would be great if you in ASC could select the plugins to install, just like you can set a path for the VSTs.

FYI: It's possible to install some ressources externally this way: https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/customize-your-ressource-folder-location

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines