April 26, 2024, 02:43:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Other uses for Sustain Pedal / Input (e.g. Record Enable, Scene Changes)  (Read 680 times)

sidechained

• Apprentice
Hi everyone, I just received my Keystep Pro and so far I'm pretty happy and can see myself being able to create whole tracks using this without the need of a computer until mixdown.

One thing that's bugging me though...I'd love to be able to use a sustain pedal for other things than legato midi notes. For me it would be far more useful for enabling/disabling record mode, to enable hands free recording...or perhaps even stepping through scenes...Is this possible/planned?

Regards,
Graham

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: Other uses for Sustain Pedal / Input (e.g. Record Enable, Scene Changes)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 07:43:04 pm »
I would like to be able to switch that input to expression pedal instead of sustain. (I submitted a feature request about that via email)
But yeah. Being able to assign what exactly the pedal is affecting would be REALLY nice.
I mean, seriously. How many people actually use a sustain pedal with synths? It's really more of a piano/organ player thing. I'd bet good money that on MOST MIDI controllers with sustain pedal input, that input never actually gets used. Expression pedal is WAY more useful, and can still function as sustain if need be.
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines