April 26, 2024, 09:55:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Chaining & Saving  (Read 1248 times)

Octavian

• Apprentice
Chaining & Saving
« on: January 23, 2021, 09:50:27 pm »
Requesting:

1) Saving Chains into Scene Slots (therefore, each Scene slot could store up to 16 chained patterns with all notes and parameters)

2) Saving Scenes with Chains into Project Slots (therefore, each Project slot could store up to 16 Scenes, each of which could have up to 16 chained patterns, yielding a total of 256 chained patterns, making KSP competitive with Polyend Seq for chained/total pattern counts)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: Chaining & Saving
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 07:46:26 pm »
Chains do get saved into scenes, but only one chain per track. That way you can have up to 16 chains per track. Also, scenes do get saved with the project. (As do chains)
Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding ....
This space left intentionally blank.

Octavian

• Apprentice
Re: Chaining & Saving
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 01:57:31 pm »
Chains do get saved into scenes, but only one chain per track. That way you can have up to 16 chains per track. Also, scenes do get saved with the project. (As do chains)
Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding ....

@artao: Ah I see what you mean, so chaining up to 16 patterns to each Scene slot is possible, then my request would be to be able to

1) chain Scenes (up to 16 per project in non-volatile memory, yielding up to 256 chained patterns, 16 Scenes x 16 Patterns per Scene), AND further
2) chain Projects (up to 16 in non-volatile memory, yielding up to 4,096 chained patterns, 16 Projects x 16 Scenes per Project x 16 Patterns per Scene)

[I understand if the onboard storage/RAM capacity is not sufficient for request #2, but request #1 (Chaining Scenes) would be a fantastically helpful feature addition for Composers]

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines