March 29, 2024, 06:53:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New mkii user. Volume seems low  (Read 2681 times)

BSaunders

• Apprentice
New mkii user. Volume seems low
« on: January 21, 2021, 03:46:58 am »
Hi all. New to using such a nice midi controller. I just unboxed and connected the 88 mkii. I'm still learning about it but for now I went to continue my playground sessions piano training course. Right off the bat I noticed how much quieter it was than the cheap Casio keyboard I was using for midi control. I've poked around at some settings but cant get it louder. For example, with my interface at 1/4, Spotify is a certain volume. But when playing piano through the mkii is seems about half that volume. Any ideas?

Buster

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: New mkii user. Volume seems low
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 01:43:43 pm »
100% trying desperately not to sound condescending...so please bear that in mind while reading this reply...
But you are aware this is a velocity-sensitive controller? The whole idea is you have to hit the keys harder to get maximum velocity out of them (loud notes), like on a real piano.
Ignore me if you already knew that.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

BSaunders

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 02:07:51 pm »
100% trying desperately not to sound condescending...so please bear that in mind while reading this reply...
But you are aware this is a velocity-sensitive controller? The whole idea is you have to hit the keys harder to get maximum velocity out of them (loud notes), like on a real piano.
Ignore me if you already knew that.

No offense taken and you're right to question, I am learning about this controller. I do know it is touch sensitive which was one of the reason for the upgrade. I guess my question is can it be more sensitive, globally across the whole controller?  I have found the three options for velocity setting in Midi Control Center but I hear no effect.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 02:30:46 pm »
Try changing the velocity curves via the control on the keyboard rather than MCC just in case there is a sync'ing issue. This is in Global Settings. Failing that, I can only suggest you learn to play a little more forcefully, because this keyboard is purposefully designed to act more like that of a piano.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

BSaunders

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 03:00:05 pm »
Try changing the velocity curves via the control on the keyboard rather than MCC just in case there is a sync'ing issue. This is in Global Settings. Failing that, I can only suggest you learn to play a little more forcefully, because this keyboard is purposefully designed to act more like that of a piano.

I'll give that a shot this evening. Thanks!

Slimkey

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 06:05:41 pm »
Did it help ?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines