March 28, 2024, 06:12:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Start/Stop via foot pedal  (Read 4581 times)

Ted Hyatt

• Punk Funk
  • Apprentice
Start/Stop via foot pedal
« on: January 20, 2021, 02:50:17 am »
Since the Impact doesn't have a footswitch input, is there some work-around that would allow me to Stop/Start with a MIDI footpedal of some type?  Or anything simpler?

psienide

Re: Start/Stop via foot pedal
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 10:40:45 pm »
You can use a MIDI footpedal, but not all of them will send transport commands. You'll want to make sure that the pedal can send transport start and send. I'm not sure if the DBI will respond to a CC for start/stop (the midi implementation documentation is nonexistent)but if it does, then any footpedal should work.

Ted Hyatt

• Punk Funk
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 12:00:58 am »
I've found a pedal called "One Trick Pony" by Step Audio which sends MIDI Start/Stop.  But I don't see in the DBI manual that it would recognize this MIDI command.  (Looking at MIDI Control Center)   Any ideas?  (It's driving me nuts again)

Ted Hyatt

• Punk Funk
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 02:22:52 pm »
just got this from Léo at Arturia tech support:

Unfortunately this would not be currently possible,

The sync source is defined by the clock source, which prevents midi start and stop messages to be listened to if the clock source is set to another source.
So for instance say you want to use internal tempo, only the onboard start and stop would work,
So to be able to do this you would need to send both start and stop as well as clock messages from the pedal in question.
If the pedal doesn't provide clock it would not be able to effectively launch the unit.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines