April 24, 2024, 04:24:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Change midi channels on the fly + No CV output?  (Read 956 times)

x56a

• Apprentice
Change midi channels on the fly + No CV output?
« on: January 19, 2021, 12:45:55 am »
First time poster, been lurking for a bit. Two basic questions that I cannot find explained in the manual or anything obvious in the Midi Center, sorry if its there I just missed it, not being lazy.

1) Just upgraded from KS37, where you can change midi channels on the fly by pressing SHIFT + channel in the keyboard. For the love of god I cannot find how to do this in the Pro. I know I can go to the midi settings in the menu and change channels there but this is just silly while performing if I want to control multiple devices. How?

2) Ideally I want to control Eurorack oscillators using the CV outputs in the back of the KSP, while retaining all 16 midi channels for softsynths. I can disable the track outputs in the Midi Control Center, and I would expect the sequencers to generate pitch/gate when a note happens in the sequencer (for example, sequence 1 in track 1 should generate gate and pitch CV out of track 1). But plugging the gate output of any track gate (I tested all) to my dual ADSR gate in generates nothing. Pitch also is not working. Do I have to set / arm anything to make it work? 

Thanks for your patience, ngl this sequencer has been a bit frustrating.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 01:20:29 am by x56a »

Andrew Henderson

Re: Change midi channels on the fly + No CV output?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 01:48:12 am »
I can only answer question number one, but in order to change midi channels, press and hold the track button you would like to change the channel for and then use the encoder knob by the OLED screen, to change the channel.

Still not as ideal as the original Keystep and the Keystep37, unfortunately, but it is far better than relying on the utility menu alone, which was the case before a recent firmware update.

Btw, upgrading to the KSP, from the KS37, are you missing the chord modes and strum by any chance?

x56a

• Apprentice
Re: Change midi channels on the fly + No CV output?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 05:17:44 am »
Oh that's definitely more convenient than the menu dive thingy, thanks for the pointer. I really really hope they fix this in the future, cannot even start to imagine how something so basic is not by default.

I don't use chord/strum too often since prefer to play my own chords, and most of the synths I have are mono anyway (fairly common in modular) so not something I miss.

Cheers,

PS: Seriously this captcha thing just adds insult to injury.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines